We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuoni Cheetah Safari

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kuoni Cheetah Safari

I am looking at going on the cheetah safari with Kuoni in September 13, has anyone been on this safari recently? Would you recommend it? And is it worth paying the extra money for the cheetah serena safari?

Thanks for your help

Bovey Tracey...
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuoni Cheetah Safari

I am also looking at this one for September so woul be interested too,and would like to know what the lodges are like.

Durham
Level Contributor
638 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuoni Cheetah Safari

I did this safari for my first visit to kenya and paid extra for a private vehicle

I now book all elements of my visit to Kenya independently with a local company as it is not so set in stone you have much more choice.

Last year the cheapest way to book our holiday was to book flight and hotel from Thomson Tailormade and book the safari from a local company.

We stayed in serena lodges really good quality

Aberdeenshire
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuoni Cheetah Safari

Hi, we did the Kuoni Cheetah Safari as our first back in 2002 (-was it really that long ago?!). It was a fantastic experience, we met some fantastic people - both locals and fellow holiday makers and the safari itself was very well run and delivered. However, we now book things independantly and enjoy the experience far more. So my advice would be to go for it, if it's your first time.

Edit - btw - serena lodges, as above, were excellent.

Edited: 7:03 am, January 28, 2013
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuoni Cheetah Safari

Thanks for your responses but has anyone done the cheetah safari recently?

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
430 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuoni Cheetah Safari

Serena offer first class service. Personally i think that the distances and time spent in travelling from lodge to lodge will take up a lot of time and energy and you only have 7 days. I do know how much you are spending on your safari, but have you thought of flying between parks? Most flights are around 1hr whereas driving from e.g. Nairobi to Mara can take 6 hrs on horrendous surfaces. Yes you see a lot of the people and countryside but boy are you shattered on arrival!

6. Re: Kuoni Cheetah Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2014