We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Kenya

australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in Kenya

Hi, I will have only just completed my open dive course and would like to do a dive in Kenya whilst we are there, staying at turtle bay and voyager-any tips or ideas please, or I can stay somewhere else if the diving is better. Thanks for any info

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
548 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Kenya

We had a few guests and they went for diving to Watamu and they enjoyed it very much. One of them recommend the dive operator at Ocean Sports in Watamu.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Kenya

Aquaventures at ocean sports is a very well run outfit, there is also a dive centre at turtle bay beach club, having dived with both I would go with aquaventures, ocean sports is a short walk down the beach, just past hemmingways hotel, as a bonus it has a wonderful view over the bay and its a lovely place to have drink after your dive, Steve who runs it is a wonderful guy and really knows his stuff

Bedfordshire England
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Kenya

I have dived many times with Buccaneer Diving. They are based in Voyager and were always very professional. They have also got a setup in Whitesands that can do training as well as at Voyager. They will probably fetch and carry from most of the North Coast hotels. There are some great shallow dives inside the reef around Bamburi and there are some very good clear wall dives outside the reef if there happen to be any run-off viz problems from the rivers. they have also got the dive to the wreck of the MV Dania. Web site is at http://www.buccaneerdiving.com

Edited: 11:31 am, January 01, 2013
4. Re: Diving in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, January 06, 2014