We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Bahrain
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Hi all,

I would like to share our wonderful SAFARI experience in Mara last week. I traveled with one of my friends and we both enjoyed the whole stretch of the plan. Thanks to our Tour company "All seasons safaris" for providing a quality SAFARI package on reasonable price.

I was talking to at least 10 companies and found All seasons as the best among them in pricing and providing responses efficiently. (I’m not forced to write this, but I am glad).

a bit long review about our trip, enjoyed while writing too;

Day 1 : November - 4

We arrived at Nairobi International Airport (JKIA) at 2.30am as scheduled and completed all the Visa formalities in 20 Minutes. Thanks to the Destination expert who advised us to bring a completed form to avoid unnecessary delays on finding and filling the form around the counter.

It was very easy to spot Mr. Meshak (Manager – All Seasons Safaris) who personally came to greet us on arrival (as he was holding a name board and wearing a red jacket). he offered a pair of Hat with a print on it, good one. we started talking on our way about the culture, education and languages. I realize now, he is a person with high level of patience, he answered all our questions (In fact it was too many) in the early morning at 3.00am without and hesitance. Appreciated. Finally we reached Mr. Alex's (MD of all season) house where they offered a nice toilet attached room to fresh-up and get ready for the long drive. This plan was suggested by Alex in order not to waste money for a hotel just for 2 hours. He also offered a complimentary breakfast in the early morning 5.00am. Thanks to his family who prepared a nice breakfast.

By that time, our Guide (Mr. Peter) was already reached and waiting for us to start. When I saw Peter in the early morning, he was a Guide for us. But, he really awoke us from our hangover in a few minutes. He knows all the short cuts, we were out of Nairobi in a couple of minutes. We saw our 1st Zebra and Giraffe within an hour or 2, just outskirt of Nairobi on our way to Lake Nakuru. He is so friendly and has 20 years of experience. He is a magic man, he attracts animals I believe..:)

We reached Lake Nakuru and spotted : Baboons, B&W Colobus monkeys, Greater & lesser flamingoes, Rhinos, Giraffes and lots of Andalopes , then later started to Masai mara. We reached Masai in the late evening and checked in to the Sarova Mara. Great place, will write more on the lodge forum. Had a tight sleep after a long journey.

Day 2: November -5

Woke up and drove to the balloon site at 5.00am. it was a chilly morning. Saw the activities prior to the flight and had an hour+ ballooning continued with a Bush breakfast (Champagne Breakfast). Great and unforgettable moments! The Balloon Safari Company selected by All Season , and again it was well organized co , with a qualified & Friendly Captain.

Peter was ready at 2.00 pm as planned and he took us to Maasai village. Experienced their culture. Then on our way back for the 1st game drive, we spotted many Cheetahs with a Kill. How lucky we are. Then the next was a Leopard and cheetah cubs.

Day 3: November 6

Started our game drive at 6.00am, spotted many Antelopes, elephants, a distant view of a young male lion and a Shy Black Rhino hiding in to the bush. We were not that much lucky on the morning Safari of day 3 (like evening Safari of day 2) , however we got chance to see lots of other animals . Peter has put all his efforts to show and explain each and everything we saw. He was also explaining the nature and living style of the animals. We came back to lodge by 10 AM and had our breakfast , took some rest at pool side .

After some rest , with a packed lunch we checked out from Mara Sarova as we had decided to stay one night in Mara Serena Game Camp. This was another good plan by All Seasons safari , we got chance to experience another area of Maasai Mara Game reserve , also to experience the treatment of another Game Camp.

Also we got an afternoon Safari on the way to Mara Sarena. On the way we spotted a complete Elephant Family and meeting of Wild Beast. Peter was full of energy and confidence to go for ride , and we were sure we will spot big five of Maasai Mara. Our Main Target for the Day was Male Lion , but unfortunately we could not see it , it may be it was afternoon time. We passed through Mara River and spotted Hippo and finally we Reached Maasai Mara Trangle , after crossing the Border we selected quite and lonely place for Bush Lunch , another memorable Experience.

Reached To Mara Sarena by Evening 5 PM and decided to go for Crocodile and Hippos but rain started and we decided enjoy the bonfire of Mara Sarena , and spend the whole peacefull night on the hill of Mara Sarena.It was a very nice view from Mara Sarena . We enjoyed the weather .

Day 4: November 7

Early morning 6 :30 we started for a morning safari , and we promised ourselves , we will not come to camp unless we spot the Male Lion. Peter has the same opinion. We saw lots of Antelopes and Giraffe from very near but our eyes were thirsty for a male lion. Within half an hour suddenly we spotted a meeting lion and we were just about 100 Meters away. We enjoyed the personal and very romantic moment of Lion. Even though our eyes were witness but we could get the clear pictures due opposite sunlight . We requested Peter to take us to another side of Lion but there was no road . And we do not want to go off road and disturbed the whole System. We took a u turn and drove towards another side as Peter told us that the lion will wake after 1 hour by 8 AM .(Hats off to Peter).

Morning 7:45 , we were at another side of lion and took nice photos with Lion . We were just 20 Meters away from Lion and his Girl Friend. Sharp 8 AM Lion was in action and we captured a nice video of their private moments, sorry..:), Our Main task was over , with smile on face we came back to our camp by 9:30 AM.

After Breakfast and some rest , we took a packed lunched we proceeded towards Nairobi, however the target was to spot more animal on our way back . We saw hippo, Crocodile and many more animals again . We were relaxed as we saw whatever we wanted to see ( more than expectation).

On our way back to Naraibi , we captured lots of videos of the road which included crossing the Rever by our vehicle (amazing) . by 1 PM we were almost out of the National reserve , now it was time to do something else… I expressed my interest to Peter that I want to drive the vehicle on this tough road. Lucky me, he allowed me to drive about 80 KM and again it was interesting.

Evening 6 Pm we checked in to the Hotel Laico Regency a 5 star hotel arranged by All Seasons , Fantastic reception and nice view of the city. Here Mr. Alex (MD) came to see us and was concern about our comfort , we spend half an hour chat in coffee lounge of the hotel. This was really touchy , usually once your trip comes to end , the travel agent does not like spend much time on you , but Mr. Alex was different , he makes us feel that we are dealing with a friend rather an agent.

After dinner we had a good sleep in the hotel. And we were dreaming about Maasai Mara .

Day 5 : 8th November

We wake up early in the morning 6:30 , went Gym , enjoyed the pool side , had breakfast at 9:30 am and checked out from hotel , as suggested by Alex we went to National Museum , a fantastic Museum showing the development of Kenya and also the human being. We were guided by a young girl , student of Travel and Tourism Management. She gave us a complete history of Kenya , also she was very smart , and linked the Indian and Kenyan History. Also she shows how Kenya is growing , how they struggled for independence. By 12 PM the rain started and we had no time to go anywhere else , also we decided to leave something for our next trip (such as Giraffe center and Animal Orphange). We had lunch , a farewell lunch with Peter in nice Indian Restaurant in Uchumu named Handi.

Peter dropped us to the airport by 3 PM ( our flight was schedule to depart at 6:15pm). We checked in and Thanks to gulf air upgraded the flight to business class, so we relax and recap the all past 4 days experience.

The whole trip was touchy , we are now physically in Saudi Arabia but honestly Mentally we are still in Maasai Mara. We lost our Heart there, to get it back , we will have to go again o Maasai Mara, also we want to witness of biggest migration of Wildebeest during July/August.

Thanks to my friend Avinash who was with me , and agreed to be a part of my dream tour in first instance. also helped me to complete this review to make sure nothing is missing...

also thanks for all the destination experts for encouraging us..

Best regards,

Shiyazer

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Nicely written report. Thanks very much.

Good to hear the small guys go the extra mile to give good service and you enjoyed the whole African experience..

Bahrain
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Hi all,

Nicely written,.. great job by All seasons...

eliteprofessionals.org/2012/02/15/a-bird%E2%…

nyan-bush-%E2%80%93-from-a-hot-air-balloon/

keep it up Alex..

BR,

Shiyazer

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

It's a bit early for me to comment on them but I will post the full details when the time is right . It's my first dealing with this company 'All Seasons Safari' & things are not moving well as of now.

That's all I can comment for now. How good or bad the is the service of the company, I will give you all a first hand experience when the time is right.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Strange. Have you make your feelings clear to them? I found them very helpful and most ready to meet any concerns.

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Not once but many times.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

I am somewhat surprised if they have not solved a problem once they know of it. They are very good at customer care. You say things are not moving well? Is this Deposit or Itinerary?

Maybe it is something outwith their direct control such as schedules or something? It may help get another view on things. Would you like to tell us so that we can comment?

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Yes it's got to do with deposit. Before paying the sum, agree the customer service is excellent. You get quick reply from Alex/Fina to any queries which you make.

No issues here. To get the business, anyone will do this - not a big deal.

Once the deposit is paid you see a drop in the service which is what I am experiencing right now. Your queries are ignrored, they don't reply to your email's anymore. It's not question of days, I am expecting a reply from them for more than 2 weeks now.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

In no way do I wish to appear to be taking up your cause but two things spring to mind.

Lots of folk get a feeling that service/responses drop after a deposit clinched the commitment. It reality it has not but is simply that there is little to respond to. "No news is good news" sort of thing.

Also I know East Africa is running short of bandwith due to the cable problems at the coast.

Why not write a firm letter pointing out you have waited too long for a reply, any reply? They will take your criticism on board.

Good luck.

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

All Seasons Safari has probably seen the post and contacted me. I am glad to know that that they will take up my case first thing Monday morning.

I really appreciate them for this and would like to thank Mr Alex for taking the initiative to get my case/issue solved.

I am confident that they are capable of solving any issues/problems when they are told.

Yes, I felt I waited too long for a reply from them, especially after paying them the deposit which made me worry a bit.

I feel that every company has the responsibility to keep the client posted on a regular basis till the time all the bookings is secured and confirmation is given in writing. I am not talking of All Seasons Safari here, it’s a good practise to have which also keeps client’s confidence high. It may also give them a sense of security knowing that the money is in safe hands.

I am glad to hear that they have taken my comment seriously and will act on it immediately.

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: All about our SAFARI and organizer "Allseasons safari"

Hi All,

I would like to take share & update my recent experience with All Seasons Safari.

But first, let me thank Mr Alex & him team for helping me out and finding a solution for my problem. He and his team did a great job and I am quite satisfied with the level of service which he and his team provided.

Initially, I was a bit worried after paying deposit to them and not getting a response (This is my first dealing with them). I was informed by Mr Alex earlier that my bookings was waitlisted by one of the camps in Serengeti, TZ. He was actually waiting for final confirmation from the camp and wanted to update me only once he got the confirmed booking.

I probably mis-understood them posted on TA which I believe could given them a bad publicity.

Let me tell everyone that, once Mr Alex read my post on TA he took special interest in getting my problem solved. I am happy to tell everyone that he managed to get confirmed booking for me, both in Kenya & TZ .

I never doubted their customer service skills right from the beginning. They are very prompt in responding to queries and now with the way they tackled my current issue I am sure they are a very reliable and a safe company to deal with. This has certainly boosted my confidence level up & I will not hesitate to deal with them again.

I am really happy and looking forward for a great safari with them in August 2012.