We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience wth All Seasons Safaris of Nairobi.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
445 reviews
My experience wth All Seasons Safaris of Nairobi.

We were put in contact with All Seasons through this forum. Thanks. After the usual research we decided to go with them.

They were helpful from the start and we have no regrets. OK due to a communication problem they had us three to a bed at one place but I was relaxed about that. The other two weren’t, so we changed it.

We needed them for 8 days following a private trip and it worked well.

To avoid a needless return to Nairobi we arranged a remote pick up in Emali and they were there on time and in the correct place on the right day.

From there we went down to Amboseli for “that” photograph of Ellies with Kilimanjaro in the background. I cannot credit All Seasons with that but the Mountain had fresh snow and clear skies and the Ellies cooperated too. One objective achieved. Our digs in Sopa were a pleasant surprise and extremely comfortable with friendly staff. Having achieved our target on day one we went into the Kumani Reserve for day two. Very cheap, free, and lots of wildlife especially Giraffe. We had the place to ourselves as it was closed. Probably why it was free! (Ex African Safari Club property and now owned by the local community.)

Then a long haul up to Nakuru and a five night stay at Kembu Cottages. This is a superb place to unwind at 7,000’ in very pleasant Self Catering Bungalows. www.kembu.com Zoe and Andrew were excellent hosts and we would stay here again. They organised a side trip to the Kiplonge Crater and Waterfall which was a great day out but not for the unfit. Our self catering intent faltered when we found out how good the Restaurant food was too.

We did a day trip up to Lake Baringo to view the birdlife and Rift Valley walls which are quite spectacular there. It is where Geologist JG Gregory formed his Rift Theory which now bears his name.

Of course we took a day into Lake Nakuru National Park which was surprisingly interesting even for experienced wildlife fans as us. Top marks. On the way back south we called in at Naivasha to a place our driver knew which involved a trip on the Lake to feed the Fish Eagles and a walk around the shore area amongst lots of animals. Recommended.

Then back to Nairobi and the plane home.

All in all whilst we had some minor issues with All Seasons they did an excellent job for a difficult client and we would use them again.

1. Re: My experience wth All Seasons Safaris of Nairobi.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, October 26, 2012