We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a 2 week volunteer program that is safe...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a 2 week volunteer program that is safe...

Looking to take a two week trip to either Thailand or Africa and help in an orphanage. Thinking of going through E.L.I.? Has anyone use this company before or recommended a good one? My biggest concern is that I will feel safe at night.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a 2 week volunteer program that is safe...

Hi, I am not aware of E.L.I however I am venturing to Kenya with i-to-i who was recommended by someone where I work. They appear to be very good and are already very helpful with information on safety and support, whilst they are probably not the cheapest volunteer placement company they do offer comprehensive support and insurance is included. I am due to be there in May '06 for 12 weeks. They also cover many other locations and various types of volunteer placement work. It does pay to check out all options especially for you to feel safe enough to be able to contribute efficiently in your venture. Good luck with your search. Susannah