We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leading Expeditions safaris

Cape Town Central...
2 posts
Leading Expeditions safaris

I need information about credibility for Leading Expeditions. Has any person traveled with them lately?

1. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, September 20, 2011
Florence, Italy
1 post
2. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

I visited Kenya with Leading Expedition 10 to 26 August 2011, we were a group of four people. The organization was excellent, great accommodation, our guide punctual and prepared, and especially the price is really convenient. We have really done a fabulous tour! I recommend you take advantage of the professional staff of Leading Expedition

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
3. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

Always find it interesting how you get OPW - one post wonders - who logon just to comment on a particular outfitter and then they're outta here! Something smells.

Cape Town Central...
2 posts
4. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

Thank you all for the great responses. Its little wonder people never miss out to point fingers even when and where criticism ain't necessary. I'm referring to 4sandi above.

All in all, I have done adequate groundwork and based on my research, I have made up my mind to use Leading Expeditions for my trip.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
57 reviews
55 helpful votes
5. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

Before you criticise 4sandi, click on her name under the grey picture and have a look at her contributions. You will find she has made over 7,000 helpful, informative and informed posts. You have chosen to take the advice of people with no such provenance, (first time posters giving glowing reports often work for the company in question, or have been asked to post by it) that is your right, but please do not criticise someone who helps lots of people virtually every day on these forums

Hastings, United...
1 post
6. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

My boyfriend, his daughter and I travelled to Africa for the 1st time on 30th August 2011. After extensive searching for a holiday/ safari in our price range we happened upon Leading Safaris. From the initial contact Jeff from Leading was exceptionally helpful in providing various options to suit our wants and budget. I was naturally hesitant having never visited the country and making a considerable, (for us) financial commitment. I scanned the internet for reviews and information on Leading and Africa in general to be sure that we were prepared. Hence my reason for placing my own review…it is my first simply because I’ve always said I’ll get round to commenting on my return from hols but never actually do. However I would like to pay it forward and hopefully provide useful information for travellers in the same position as I was last month…

Leading were brilliant from start to finish. I was concerned regarding transferring the deposit and equally so in handing over a large sum of cash on arrival, (particularly as this took place in Nairobi airport car park and we arrived at night!). Jeff was very understanding and was on hand to answer my numerous emails and when we met at the airport he arrived with his wife and provided a receipt there and then to assure me that I was not involved in an elaborate scam!

As for the holiday itself I can’t fault it, particularly given the price; the nearest alternative was a beach holiday/ 2 day safari with a popular low cost holiday provider whereas with Leading we had 8 full days safari full board which gave us a real taste of Africa rather than just dipping a toe!

Our guide Bernard was amazing at driving and tracking…he spotted a Python on a tree in passing that we took a while to locate through the binoculars once we’d been told it was there! The whole trip did not disappoint we saw some amazing sights, at times it was hard to believe we were actually there witnessing sights that we’d seen on the nature programmes such as the migration & river crossing when a croc took down a wildebeest! Every day we thought it can’t get better but it did and the Masai Mara lives up to the hype…it was the icing on the cake and the camping facilities there were really awesome; I was expecting a ‘hole in the ground’ loo but the tents had private facilities! We saw many, many animals including 4 of the ‘big 5’ and pretty much saw lions on a daily basis! On the accommodation front all the places we stayed were perfectly adequate- I would say 2/3* (bear in mind your not paying 5* prices!). The Taphe Lodge at Nakura was a particular favourite (close 2nd to the Mara tents) but I would add that the food at all the places we stayed was plentiful and very tasty. Plus we suffered no ill effects (eg the famous Kenyan Express!)

It does feel like a minefield booking a holiday in such far flung lands and for me it was a holiday of a lifetime so booking with the right provider was make or break; Leading Expeditions provided exceptional service and if the opportunity arose for us to return to Africa we will certainly be using them again.

7. Re: Leading Expeditions safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 07, 2012