We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Essenia Safari

Chicago
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Essenia Safari

I can find very only a few isolated reviews of Essenia Safari. There were no bad reviews. However, I am stilll a little wary about handing over a few thousand dollars. The nightmarish worst case scenario of arriving in Kenya to fined out that you have been scammed weighs heavily on my mind.

I hope to hear from travelers who have used the service of Essenia,

Thanks a million.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Essenia Safari

Hi,

there are alot of the reps that work for a safari operator whom assign themselves a company name to attract business. There is nothing wrong with this but they are not a "real" company, Before you hand a big sum of money over like your asking your going to need solid assurance. Maybe someone will come by son knowing this copany/rep.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Essenia Safari

Never heard of them, but no one can know every outfitter out there.

Is this the only company you contacted?

If not, whom else? Hope there were a few

Have you contacted any of the often mentioned outfitters others have found to be responsible, been in business for quite sometime, good customer service/responsiveness, choice of lodging, prices?

Why did this company grab your attention and interest?

... and others, if you did make contact, did not?

Chicago
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Essenia Safari

Thanks for the responses.

I found this name in this forum. Some onehad recommended it. I like one of the tours they have on their website. It covers Masai Mara as well as the Serengeti and Ngorongoro. This is the only company that I have contated so far but I will certainly get a few more quotes.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Essenia Safari

Hi,

I've just done a search of the forum. There are only 3 mentions of Essenia, one is an enthusiastic recommendation from a first time poster (it remains their only contribution) always suspicious. The other two are passing recommendations, together with other companies, from Chaterer, one is response to a question about budget safaris, the other in response to a question about self-drive

Fort Washington...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Essenia Safari

I knew that name sounded familiar.!! My co-worker went on safari a while back and i believe he did the East African tour with Essenia Tours. By East african, i mean tanzania and kenya. As far as i can remember he had no complaints. Last time my wife and i were in mombasa, he sent us their website address but we had already booked a tour to Lamu so changed our minds about going to tsavo.

I could get u more info from him and post his comments...!! Straight from the horse's mouth

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Essenia Safari

If the tour you like is NOT a "group" departure, any outfitter can combine the areas you wish to visit, choosing the lodgings you wish at the budget you have.

Best always to get a few quotes.

Fort Washington...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Essenia Safari

Foiegras,

The response i got when i inquired about Essenia Safaris is that it is a legit safari operator and not representative posing for another company. My co-worker, Arthur used them from day 1. they organized his accommodation <including airport pick up> whilst in Nairobi before he embarked on his safari. There were no hiccups during the game drives and they managed to see a lion pride feeding on its kill. The driver was very patient and insisted that they would not go back to the lodge before seeing all the big five.

PS: this is a condensation of his words.

Looks like you'll be in good hands during your safari. oh and another thing, the man in-charge, Paul, has a great rapport with his clients. so i guess incase of anything, you should talk to him.

good luck mate!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Essenia Safari

hey, I am here to give thumbs up to Essenia you cant be in any other better hands they are one of the best tourguides we have in Kenya right now. The company is regit and highly recommend them from experience over and over again!

Rosebell

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Essenia Safari

I would highly recommend them. They have the most qualified and sort after guides in kenya and tanzania right now. You couldnt be in better hands and they cant mess up as they are govt certified.

Rosebell

Baumholder, Germany
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Essenia Safari

I have been to Kenya twice. The first time, the now owner of Essenia Tours was our guide. I enjoyed the trip so much that I returned 5 years later (December'10) as soon as I realized that Paul was now an owner of Essenia Tours. I contacted him about a tour that was tailored to what my 5 friends and I desired to see during our Christmas vacation. Paul was flexible to our demands and different needs. We planned our trip of 12 days in advance as we wanted to have a perfect vacation. The weather delayed us reaching Nairobi at the designated time, but Paul rearranged things so we would not miss what we had planned. We began our tour of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Oldupai Gorge in Tanzania. We had game drives in Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara National Parks in Kenya. We, of course, had our animal safaris as often as possible - usually morning and night. The animals and pictures were magnificent. It was a trip where I truly relaxed and everything was done for me. It was a peaceful and relaxing vacation. The little extras added to the trip- examples are staying at tented camps, visiting a Masai village,standing on the equator. We had a personal tour of Nairobi. A few of the things we visited there were the Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, The Carnivore, etc. I had a wonderful time, I learned many things, and I have some great memories. I hope to return to Kenya again for the third time. I attribute the great experience that I had to Essenia tours and their personnel.

Edited: 9:21 am, May 14, 2011