We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Queens NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
115 reviews
My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Day 1-Nov 19. Arrived at NBO around 3:30. Flight was delayed. Coming out after customs, a lot of tour companies waiting. Looked around and no All Seasons Safari. Went to the information and ask, I was informed that they were here waiting. Went back and looked, there she was with a placard of All Seasons with my name on it. Very excited indeed. She gave me a hat and fetched the driver of the car and drove to Sarova Panafric Hotel. Heavy traffic though. Went for a walk and came back because it was getting late and dark. Very close to a big park.

Day2 - I was picked up at 10 am and went to the elephant orphanage, giraffe center and so on. It was ok.

Day 3 - I was informed that instead of driving to Amboselli, I will be flying instead. Wow, it was an upgrade. At 7:30 am we boarded a 12 seater airplane (Safarilink) only two passengers. The pilot mentioned that we will stop twice before reaching Ambosseli. The other passenger was also a solo girl traveller from Canada. We were both so excited and when we had the first stop, it was in the middle of nowhere. The airplane landed on a dirt road and for the first time we saw giselles, impalas and wildebeest running away. A few minutes later, a van arrived with the two passengers to board. On our next stop, three more boarded . It was around 10am when we arrived in Ambosseli airport and met by my game driver named Elijah with Martin, a trainee. On our way to the Ambosselli Serena Lodge, we started the game drive. Saw baboons, monkeys, wildebeest, crown crane, hyenna and more. I was so impressed at the sight of the lodge, and more so with the room with a balcony. It was glorious.

Day 4- My two nights in Ambosseli was beyond compare. I heard so much about Mara Serena lodge and I was thinking and trying to imagine on my head, what could be better. On my last day in Ambosseli, we went to the observation point and it was such a clear day that Mt Kilimanjaro is there to be looked at and appreciated by its beauty. Elijah during our game drives, was able to spot little bees etc. Ambosseli have a lot of elephants, saw several lions, ostrich, impalas, giselles andmore. Also, I visited a Masai Village. I actually bought some pencils, toothbrushes etc and gave it to the Masai chief. They danced, showed me how to start a fire, bargain with the chief for the cost of trinkets etc for sale and showed me the inside of their hut. Memorable...

Day 5- Back to Nairobi (Safarilink) and met Patrick, my game driver for the rest of the trip. At around 10am , we started our drive towards Lake Nakuru. Passed lake Naivasha and got to Nakuru around 3:30. In the park , I stayed at the Flamingo Tent Camp. It was different but was good. You can charge your camera batteries, go for a swim or just watch the buffalos in thebackyard. Later that day, Patrick and I went for our game drive. Lake Nakuru's pink flamingos is a sight to behold, with pelikans etc. There were rhinoceros too, but what excites me more is to see a leopard. Indeed we saw one on top of an acacia tree. It was getting late so back to the camp.

Day 6 - Left the camp early to do some more game drive, to look for more predators. Went to the lion hill, and there they were, three lions wth two cubs. A few meters away all the game drivers were there waiting on what they will do next. There was a leopard on the ground, we think is after the cubs. However, the lions were on close watch. What a sight. We decided to move on and again a few meters a way, a lion walking on the road by herself. She was walking directly towards our van. What a sight. We then proceeded to Masai Mara. Arrived at around 4:30 at the Mara Serena Lodge. Since lunch was over, the reception desk delivered a sandwich to my room. The room decor is typical african, with a very colorful touch. The view is breathtaking, you can see the Mara river. I forgot to mention about the wildebeest crossing the Mara. Patrick saw them from afar enroute to the lodge and I was more nervous for the wildebeest because of the hippos and crocodiles waiting.

Day 6-7-8 My three night at the Serana, was excellent from the food to the staff etc. My last day in the Masai Mara, the lodge gave us a lunch box if you want to stay out the whole day which we did. The most memorable sight I have seen was three lions gorging a Topi. I also saw four cheetahs on the prowl. Instead of going back to Nairobi sooner, Patrick noticed again wildebeest crossing the Mara river. We stayed for three hours waiting for them to cross but the Zebras were very hesitant. It was so funny that a Topi came by and practically went to the river to drink, however, when he was by the foot of the river decided to retreat back. The rest of the Zebras and wildebeest almost followed. Drove back to Nairobi and again I was checked into the Sarova Panafric Hotel. This time I must have done something good because I was given a Suite overlooking Nairobi City. That night Alex and his associate came and wanted to get some feedback. What can I say. It was one of the best tour ever. Since my flight was at 11:30pm, I had a lot of time on hand. We drove around Nairobi, went to the museum, to a park and later on I decided to see a movie (Harry Potter) cost $3.50. Finally, Patrick drove me to the airport for my trip back to New York.

My thanks to Alex and All Seasons Safaris and Tours, to Patrick, my guide, their personal attention each day to make my visit memorable was incomparable. All Seasons Safaris and Tours, is a very reliable tour company and will even go out of ther way to make your Kenya visit a trip of a lifetime.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
445 reviews
1. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Nice feedback. Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
343 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Thanks for the review Ernesto, glad to hear you were happy with All Seasons.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Great trip report, thanks!

p.s. loving "giselles"! ;-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
445 reviews
4. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

<<loving "giselles"! ;-)>>

What next? Markova in the Mara?

Queens NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
115 reviews
5. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Forgive my typo error, should be gazelle to FLfourone zero and mfuwe. Please explain what is markova in the mara. Thanks.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,577 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Hi,

Giselle is a Brazilian super model, Giselle is also the title of a ballet,- Dame Alicia Markova was one of the great ballet dancers of the 20th Century , but you are unlikely to see her as she died some time ago

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
445 reviews
7. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Yes Ernest. Pls forgive my rising to FL410's humour. As Doffcocker has explained "Giselle" was the favourite Ballet of Dame Alicia Markova who, it is rumoured, would never work for an Opera company unless Giselle was on the programme. And as Markova and Mara had such a nice ring to it the image was too good to resist!

Never heard of the Brazilian Super Model. Out of my circle of understanding!

Back on topic. Glad you enjoyed Alex and all Seasons.

Edited: 10:46 am, December 06, 2010
Queens NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
115 reviews
8. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

Thanks to the supermodel and the prima ballerina.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
343 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

"Never heard of the Brazilian Super Model. Out of my circle of understanding!"

It's worth a google, she is quite beautiful. She is married to the New England Quarterback (US Football), Tom Brady, now.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
445 reviews
10. Re: My Kenya Safari with All Seasons Safaris & Tours

thanks DP. I think I will give it a pass. Only so much excitement a man can take at my age!