We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Plymouth
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Unfortunatley we are back home and are itching to tell everyone how truly great this place is. Many thanks to all that have helped us previously.

FLIGHTS..,

We flew with Monarch and upgraded to there premium class seats. I was very nervous before as i read bad reviews of the service etc but all we can say is it was SPOT ON. ten hours on a plane is bad enough so making it as comfortable as possible was our main concern and they didnt let us down.

HOTEL..,

We stayed at the Southern palms beach resort. 2 weeks all inc. this place is SPOTLESS. everywhere you look there is someone sweeping, polishing dusting etc. The staff are SO FREINDLY, its quite humbling at times. The food is SUPERB and the rooms are EXCELLENT. Oh and the pool is HUGE, you are really spoilt for choice, with 4 bars and the best beach ive ever seen. I would recommend it to anyone.

SAFARI..,

We booked before we went through Arfrican Mecca Safaris and did a 3 day 2 night Tsavo East/West. we satyed at Satao camp (east) which is beautiful, you walk through herds of antelope and impalla to get to the resataurant. you are surrounded by animals. and the stars at night are something else!!! A true gift from god. we stayed at Kilaguni lodge on the 2nd night(West) and once again were blown away by the accomodation, service and more importantly Views. In fact we enjoyed this safari so much when we got back to the hotel we booked another one to the Masai Mara which was MIND BLOWING. All 3 parks are unique, they have there own style, smell, colour, and the sunset and rise are spectacular at all 3. We both feel privaleged that we had the chance to stay at them all.

MEDICATION..,

We just followed everone else advice, 50% deet for skin, Avon Skin So soft, immodium etc.( we both had a poorly tummy Nothing major)

SUMMARY..,

This place is beautiful, there is NO excuse for not going, we will return. THANKYOU KENYA.

Natural World Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Roberto Toba Safari Kenya - Day Tours
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Thanks for your review. I've been to Kenya many times before but had never even heard of Satao Camp until I semi-nervously booked a three day stay there for November 24th this year (I normally do a lot more research than I did this time).

It was great to read you were satisfied with it as I'm taking my two best friends with me who are both just going on my recommendations. Normally I would take them to both Samburu and the Mara aswell but we're only there for a week and a bit so Tsavo seemed a good option.

I've heard that Tsavo is very dry at present particularly in Tsavo East. The last time I was there was in July 2002 and it was also very dry but didn't stop us seeing a lot of game. Did you find there was a lot of animal activity around the Camp itself?

England
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Thankyou for your review.

We are going at Christmas, so can you tell me who you booked your masai mari trip with to save us some time please

England
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Thankyou for your review, it is most helpful as we are doing the same safari to 3 day 2 night Tsavo East/West, but can you tell me where you booked for the masai mari as this sound excellent

Plymouth
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Hi gitu, We booked satao after looking at several websites. If you try Africanmeccasafaris they have an excellent video clip facility which shows lots. The camp itself is beautiful. Its very intimate and quite. the camp sits around a water hole which is visited by herds of elephants daily. You are SURROUNDED by Elks, Antelope, Monkeys and Baboons. You are face to face with all them. YOU walk around them!! Tsavo east was dry when we there but were fortunate enough to see Lions munching on a dead Elephant along with the usual animals you are use to. Ps, at night look up The Stars are WONDERFUL! Would love to go back with ya. Hope you enjoy, anymore questions please ask.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Hi Hudds. We booked with Monika Safaris. She hasn't got a website here yet cos of restrictive kenyan laws. She is based 2 metres from the main shopping centre. She REALLY KNOWS her stuff and will help you out no end. She offers all the lodges in the Masai and will put you in the best possible place gfor whatever you want, theses trips aren't cheap so its always nice when EVERYTHING goes to plan. Good luck. Any probs give us a bell.

TRY EITHER.. msusanne2002@yahoo.com

monicasafaris@wannachi.com

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everyone must go!!! Our hoilday review..

Hi LadyBosh,

Thanks again for the information, the excitement levels are definitely rising here, especially when I think about Tsavo whilst driving across Sheffield at rush hour!

I'm also really pleased to read that at least one other person comes home from Kenya with a crocked neck. I was forever gazing up at the stars when I was there - you're right they are incredible.

I stayed at another camp in Tsavo West in 1999 and was lucky enough to go on a night game drive. We started out when there was obviously a lot of cloud cover because I've never experienced darkness like it (at times the spotter turned off both the lamp and the headlights), you literally could not see your hand in front of your face. Then when the cloud cover shifted to expose the stars, it was like somebody had turned on some football stadium floodlights.

Thanks again.