We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Shakira

keniata
Level Contributor
135 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Update on Shakira

Was in the Mara for the past two days.

We managed to spot Shakira and her 3 cubs north of the intrepids camp near the Ol Kiombo air strip. Further north, less than a km away was a full pride of lions which got us worried. Shakira & cubs had just had their meal.

During our game drive on sunday, we managed to trace her slightly north east of intrepids, but this time much nearer to the intrepids camp and further away from the lions. Mother and all 3 cubs safe and healthy.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Shakira

Thanks for your update Mwaki, great to hear that Shakira and family are still doing well!

Fletch

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Shakira

Any news on Shakira and her cubs, where they are at the moment and how they are doing?

Has anyone been recently to the Masai Mara and has seen this cheetah family?

bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Shakira

we are going on the 9th jan and due to get to the mara on 14th?. will have laptop this year so hopefully we can update you in 3 weeks or so...

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on Shakira

Both Annika and I will be there before you, LTT, so we'll let YOU know!!

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update on Shakira

M - when are you in the Mara?

bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update on Shakira

that would be great, going to watch big cat live update on xmas eve/day but any updates after that will be great.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update on Shakira

I arrive in the Mara on 7 Jan, leave on 10th - and I can't wait!!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update on Shakira

Best way to keep up with news on Shakira & cubs is via www.jacksonlooseyia.blogspot.com

Fletch

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update on Shakira

Well, we tried our best but couldn't track down the little cuties. Tried both sides of the Talek but nothing.

I hope that Shakira is hunting well to feed all those mouths, there is so little around.

keniata
Level Contributor
135 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update on Shakira

Talked to a resident guide for a lodge within the Talek Ol kiombo area. Word is Shakira migrated back towards the governers camp area but also i gather there was a new sighting around the Ol kiombo area of a cheetah who gave birth to 7 cubs approximately 5 - 10 days ago. Keeping my ears open. Will update the developments as the days roll.