We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rhino??????

north wales
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
rhino??????

what are the chances of seeing a rhino in Tsavo east west n amboselie ?? and nuguli rhino sancutary ??

thanx

charlotte

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rhino??????

I say pretty slim! Having spent many an hour driving around and around the sanctuary - they are very elusive. You'd think such a huge beast would stick out like a sore thumb but due to the scrub and because the dust is red/brown they blend in. I've been disappointed many a time when what I thought was a rhino turned out to be a termite mound! However, people do see them and when you do, what a treat!

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rhino??????

Hi Charlotte

I agree with Tembo - I've been to the Sanctuary five times and never seen one rhino in there! However, if you really want to see rhino, go to Lake Nakuru and you will not be disappointed - there's lots of them there.

I think I saw a rhino once in Amboselli, possibly a couple of sightings in Tsavo but nothing to write home about.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rhino??????

hi,

go to sweetwaters, cant fail

agy

keniata
Level Contributor
135 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rhino??????

Or if you really want a guaranteed Rhino viewing... I would bet with Lake Nakuru park.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rhino??????

Nakuru, Sweetwaters, Lewa, Solio if you want almost guaranteed rhinos. Particularly Solio, you can't miss them there.

6. Re: rhino??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 01, 2009