We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Palm or Whitesands

UK
10 posts
Save Topic
Southern Palm or Whitesands

I'm considering either the Southern Palms or Whitesands for my honeymoon next year. I have read lot's of helpful reviews about the places but I am still undecide wether to go to the north or the south. I've heard that the beaches are quieter and nicer in the south and that at the Southern Palms the beach boys are not allowed to approach you when you are on the sun beds, would this be true of the Whitesands???? The only thing putting me off the South is the 1.30hr transfer time, is it worth it? We'll also be booking the Tsavo east/west safari for 2 nights so I'd like to know which of these two hotels would be easier to travel from.

I would be grateful for any replies and also if someone could make up my mind for me...decisions, decisions.

Mez

Mentioned in this post
Southern Palms Beach Resort
Southern Palms Beach...
1,424 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Palm or Whitesands

the Southern Palms is nice but a 3 star

and the Whitesands is a 5 star Hotel.

So definetly the service is better at the Whitesands.

The Beach on the North coast has more coral as the beatiful white sandy beach on the south.

If you are more for excursions you are better of on the northcoast as there is easy ecess to Malindi, Mombasa Town

or for Safari.

From Southcoast many things you have to pass through the ferry

karibu

Mentioned in this post
Southern Palms Beach Resort
Southern Palms Beach...
1,424 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Malindi
Malindi
Coast Province, Kenya
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
UK
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Palm or Whitesands

Thanks for your reply, I think I will book the Whitesands it sounds a better hotel and it will be a lot more convenient for travelling to the safaris.

Mez