We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, we just got our vaccines and getting ready to go to Kenya for the first time. Safari stops are Samburu, Aberdares, Masai Mara, Ngorongoro Crater. We're just traveling by land.

Question 1: What is the weather like the first 2 weeks of August? I heard that it can be chilly at night. How 'chilly' are we talking about?

Question 2: I was feeling secure going there after the civil unrest settled. However, the recent report of a couple of missionaries getting raped and bludgeoned started me worrying about safety again. Anybody has concerns about this?

Thanks.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

I read about the attack on the missionaries too -

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/…

As I tourist, I wouldn't worry too much.

Attacks like this have unfortunately and sadly occurred in the past in Kenya but rarely made the headlines.

Kenya is a wonderful country - go and enjoy its good points.

keniata
Level Contributor
135 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

The weather can be very unpredictable these days. Normally August is a warm mont while July is the coldest. As of NOW Nairobi and most of the country is very wet and cold but towards the end of July the Rain and cold will have subsided.

Te attack on the missionaries very sad and regretable but i would regard it as a robbery case on its own and dont allow it to dampen your safari enthusiasm.

Karibu Kenya.

3. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 06, 2009