We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Hello all Trip Advisors,

We are researching for a safari which we intend doing when we go to Kenya in October later this year.Its for a 4 day/3 night safari to Tsavo West,Tsavo East and Amboseli National Parks.

Has anybody been with Antony Musyoka and Wildlife Kenya Safaris recently or otherwise,as the price he has quoted us seems to be pretty competitive compared to other safari operators.This would involve staying at Voi Safari,Ol Tukai and Ngulia Safari lodges.

Does anybody have any opinions good or bad relating to this company and the lodges mentioned above?

Also would it be better to wait until we get to Kenya before we book a safari because we have read in other forums that it is cheaper to book when you get there?

This is a repeat posting because we didnt get much feedback on the above questions the first time around!Thanks for all your views and replies

keniata
Level Contributor
135 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Hello there,

I cant comment on Anthony Musyoka but on wildlife, don't worry about them since its a reputable company. Voi Safari, Ol tukai and Ngulia are good lodges. I have had good experience especially with Ol Tukai.

It would not be advisable to wait and book while in Kenya due to the basic reason that October is high season therefore most hotels might be fully booked in advance. This might throw your plans into total disarray making your holiday a traumatizing experience. For sure booking while here makes it much cheaper but not during the high season unless you are doing a camping safari.

Prices in October might be a bit high also considering the high season factor.

* 3 days 4 nights? where does the safari start and where does it end,ie Mombasa or Nairobi? The itinerary looks tight to me.

Hope this helps.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Someone called Musyoka does some posting on TA and they keep getting removed.

Voi Safari and Ngulia are owned by the same company. Both are at the cheaper end of the lodges and both are in need of a makeover. Having said that, Voi Safari has a view out over the savannah to die for.

Ol Tukai is fantastic. Ask for a room overlooking Kili.

As the previous TA member said, book before you go. Doing your home work now saves an awful lot of time in resort comparing prices. This way, you get what you want when you want and not what's left.

I'm sure the beachboys could do you a cheap deal - their buses are always the ones crammed to bursting or broken down! Cheapest isn't always best.

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Tembo is right. book now, save your Kenya time for relaxing not adding up! He's also right about the beach boys. There are so many fantastic lodges, depends on your budget. Your post mentions Ngulia - is this the lodge or the bandas? Voi safari is lovely, rustic but friendly, clean and staff are great. Ol Tukai is one of my favourite lodges. Ask for a mountain view. The food is fab, the views are unbelievable. Ellies walking along the horizon while you eat your lunch or take a dip, sheer magic! Enjoy!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Hi Hawie,

Lots of local tour operators are in TA. Such around

TA and you won't go wrong.

There are members of KALTO and members of KATO, both very reputable tour operator organisations with large membership.

visit:

http://www.katokenya.org/faqs.asp

http://www.kalto.org/members.html

FRESH.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

Thanks to you all for replying to my original post,its great to benefit from experiences of others.

We are staying in Kikambala,staying at the Sun 'n' Sand,therefore beginning our safari from Mombasa. Never been to Kenya before but believe it will be an amazing experience.All those overtime shifts will definately be worth it!

wirral
Level Contributor
289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

hi there

we have booked with anthony before it was last year and he was great ask for sammy as your driver he was really great we stayed at ziwani voyager camp in tsavo it was out of this world only a small camp but everyone was so friendly we stayed at kibo camp in amboseli it was a true african experiance we prefer to tented camps to the lodges we stayed at the mara serens on the mara it was a lovely place but a bit to big for me and my husband we have just booked with anthony again for this year to go to the mara we have been going to kenya for many a year now if you want any more info just let me know

ann

7. Re: Views on Antony Musyoka/Wildlife Kenya Safaris please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, October 03, 2009