We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt/ Kenya tour

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt/ Kenya tour

Has anyone used Foreign independent tours or heard any feedback about this company?? The 16 day Kenya/ Egypt tour sounds amazing. Its basically 8 days in each place with a 3 night Nile cruise.

Is this too much for 1 visit??

Thanks

p

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

hi

i have not heard of them but it sounds like a great trip to me.

plymouth england
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

It isnt African Safari Club is it??????

only they do this trip......

If so then No No No!!!!!

5 days barfing in Egypt....3 days barfing on the nile followed by

another 8 days barfing in Kenya. .. yummy !!!!!!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

Oh Ed (Drakes..) your posts make my day, what a laugh!

hbscubagirl - I'd take Ed's advice about the tour operator she has lots of experience with ASC, but the trip itself sounds like an outstanding combination. Cram it all in then go back some other time and do the very best bits for longer.

Hope you'll describe it more.

plymouth england
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

hbscubagirl..

If it definatly isnt ASc then go for it..... as long as its Egypt first and Kenya after.......

But ditch the Egypt tour and have a full holiday in Kenya....

want a boat ride?? lovley trips up Mtwapa Creek seeing the fabulous sunset.. drink a few extra glasses of Kenya Cane Rum and believe me you get two sunsets for the price of one....

and if your single ??? you could get two Kenyans for the price of one !!!!!!

What ! WHAT!!

Angus Scotland
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

Hi,

I would like to add my little bit to this post. Having been several times to Kenya with african safari club - ASC (my name for them is A---holes, Stinkers, Corrupters) and knowing people who went on a Nile Cruise with them avoid them at all cost. However I do have friends who have done Eygpt Nile Cruise with other operators and enjoyed it immensly and one can fly schedule reasonably from Egypt to Kenya.

If its not ASC and a good price go for it, look up the Eygpt/Nile forum some good tips and advice there.

Patsy

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

We did a Nile cruise (not with ASC) - FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS, though a Kenyan safari definitely has the edge!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

Hi again,

Thanks for all the input. The company is FIT ; Foreign independent Tours. But now I will have to check and see if there is any subcontracting going on with ASC...now that you all have me worried.

Why all the barfing????

The tour starts from New York flying to Cairo and on to Nairobi. 2 nights at Sarova Shaba, then 1 night at Lion Hill Lodge, then 2 nights at Mara Sarova Lodge, a night in Nairobi and back to Cairo. 1 night night at the Sofitel , then on to the 3 night cruise, back to the Sofitel and ...home.

It looks packed full of game drives and tours.

For all this from New York in October is $ 3,999.

What does everyone think???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

I just used Foreign Independent Tours for a 8-day trip to Italy (Florence, Tuscany and Rome), and we were very pleased with the trip. All accommodations were very good, and the package included everything they promised, and even exceeded our expectations. The travel agent at FIT was patient and worked with me in customizing our package. I would definitely use them again, at least for Europe.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

Thank you so much.

I have not heard anything about them but so far the telephone contact has been great and they are very helpful. I can'y wait to go!!

p

england
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Egypt/ Kenya tour

Does anyone know of a UK operator that does this kind of holiay???

But not ASC!!!!!

thanks