We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

African Mecca Safaris

Dubrovnik
7 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
African Mecca Safaris

Am considering booking a safari for next year with this company. Have not found a lot of reviews concerning their services, however, so am a bit wary. Has anyone had experience with this company?

California
Level Contributor
547 posts
37 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Their website lists a lot of affiliations/memberships/awards, which includes KATO - which is one of the first things that I would want in a company before I send them money. Looks like an operation in 3 countries. Just because it is not mentioned in Tripadvisor, does not necessarily mean that it should raise concerns or red flag. There are several European and US based companies that offer safaris to Kenya that are not mentioned on TA.

Robbie

1 post
2. Re: African Mecca Safaris

I got back a month a ago from Tanzania. I booked a safari to Selous for my honeymoon with African Mecca Safaris. The service was great and the prices very reasonable. African Mecca Safaris arranged everything for us including flights, transfers and hotel booking. I was initially worried but everything was so smooth and organised, It was the most amazing experience I have had. I would highly recommend African Mecca Safaris.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
3. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Hi:

I booked an African Safari a few years ago with Africa Mecca Safaris and was extremely happy with the tour. It far exceeded my expectations. I travel a lot as a travel blogger, and this was one of the two best trips I've taken (the other being the Galapagos Islands). I did a lot of research on line before I settled on African Mecca Safaris and chose them because of the amount of care and time they took helping me get the trip planned just right. I dealt with Raza Visram who I still correspond with on occasion.

What I suggest is that you set up a dialogue with who ever your rep is and let them know exactly what your expectation are and what your budget and time scedule is. The more info they have the more they can trly and tailor the trip to your exact requirements. I find the fact that they work with different contractors on site a plus as they can help get you the best value for your dollar. Also the contractor knows if they screw around with you they won't get repeat business from the travel company. Raza sent me links to all the lodges he had in mind and let me look them over before he booked them.

The bottom line is that I have recommended the company to friends and relatives and I'm considering booking with them again next May.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Groberman

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
598 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Jeff and Hussein

I am curious how this works? BTW, I am not accusing you, but just pure curiosity. I see this is your first post, how did you even know this post was going to be there? Were you notified by the company, knowing you are a happy customer?

P.S: I go out of my way to avoid companies with several new posters recommending it, fearing they are fake and only a bad company will solicit fake reviews....may be they are not, so would like to know. Thanks!

Edited: 8:27 am, August 17, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
5. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Raza asked, since I was a happy customer and working with him on another trip, if I would mind looking at the post and comment if I felt it appropriate. I was not pressured or rewarded in any way. I generally don't write for tripadvisor as I have my own blog where I express my views as well as newspapers and magazines.. I would not offer a positive review unless it was warranted. I paid full fare for my trip and did not receive any other incentives. My own reviews including newspaper articles I wrote for Canadian papers back up my comments above. Hope this helps.

Jeff

www.grobetrotting.com

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
598 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: African Mecca Safaris

That makes complete sense, thank you!....I am glad I asked.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
7. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Glad I could clarify that.

Paris, France
1 post
8. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Hi:

We just returned from an extensive safari in Tanzania, Botswana and Victoria Falls. We were very pleased with the service we received from African Mecca and I can't recommend them highly enough. The safari was extremely well planned - just the right pace and balance between activities. All details were handled flawlessly and smoothly - not always the case in foreign lands.

All the Guides, staff at lodges, etc. were top notch - friendly, professional and efficient. Raza at Africa Mecca gave us all the details we needed to make the trip the best we've taken so far - from what to pack, when to go, where to go, how long to stay at each location, choice of accommodation ....the list goes on. He was always available to answer our endless questions and ensured everything went smoothly during the trip by checking up and re-confirming all itinerary details. They provide the customized, personal service that other travel agents don't.

Definitely a 5 star rating for African Mecca.

Jeff

Novato, California
1 post
9. Re: African Mecca Safaris

We had a fabulous time during the trip Raza at African Mecca planned for us! He was patient with us, answered all our questions and made sure our every concern was more than covered. The Seloux was wonderful and we saw so many animals! The Mivumo Lodge was so very comfortable and fun, combining land and river safari excursions. Zanzibar was amazing and the snorkeling on Chumbe Island was world class as was staying in the eco lodge there. All the arrangements went as smoothly as planned and without exception the people we dealt with were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Karibu!

I can not recommend this agency more highly

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: African Mecca Safaris

Hi i just read your message and as i went on a safari 2 weeks ago with African Mecca. Raza and the team were incredible to deal with. Everything was organised meticulously.They had an immense knowledge of all the areas we went to and a great sensitivity to the people and wildlife. The accommodation they organised was brilliant. The driver we got was very experienced and helpful. Food was excellent. I couldnt recommend them highly enough.

I organised my own accommodation and that was a bit of a disaster, that was in Zanzibar. I booked Emmerson Spice. The reviews were all glowing and i was told i had to pay in advance as they are so busy. So i did that. When we arrived the place was empty and it lacked atmosphere. There was no working phone from the room to reception. The hot water wasnt working even though they told it us it would be on in 5 minutes. After an hour still no hot water. I thought they had alcohol on site but its only in the upstairs restaurant during opening times. We had to descend the steep stairs to request anything and if you wanted a beer they would go out and purchase it outside the premises. It has changed owners since the reviews i think. I asked for money back as there was no way to communicate with the staff and eventually, after multiple requests i got half back!! Beware of this place. I ended up at the Serena on the beachfront which was a cheaper and far better experience. Stone town would be of interest to people who have never been to any middle east country. As we had travelled a lot we didnt really think it was worth the money. The beaches we saw werent great ie Pereybere. I was told the east side is better.

Edited: 6:55 pm, June 25, 2018