We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
594 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

We were booked for 17 nights in Cairo and Luxor in Sept/Oct 14 with Longwoods, but have just been told they have gone bust and are no longer trading. Hopefully we will get our substantial deposit back as it was on credit card.

Does anyone know of any other companies who can tailor make a 3 night stay in Cairo + 7 night Luxor/Aswan cruise + 7 night Luxor hotel package with flights?

I'm determined we are not going to lose our holiday! Thanks.

11. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, March 05, 2014
London
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Discover Egypt can do this no problem!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Jules Verne Voyages are probably the closest to Longwoods . I can highly recommend them .

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Travel Counsellors also do tailor-made holidays - type in your postcode to find someone in your area and give them a call

www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/gb/leisure/

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
594 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

We have just rebooked with Discover Egypt, getting a better boat AND 4 extra days at the Jolie Ville AND an additional LUX-CAI internal flight, all at the same price we were paying Longwoods. Very pleased, so thanks for the suggestions.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Kuoni, Thomas Cook Signature. Most companies will be able to do something for you.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Thomas Cook don't operate to Luxor.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

That's a shame. They still have it as an option on their website but when you go into it, it just says there are no holidays available.

Its in the relatively new "signature" brochure as well (2014 edition) so they clearly changed their minds after they sent things to be printed.

Even now, when I look at the brochure online, Luxor is in there for both 2014 and 2015 so its a bit confusing to say the least.

Edited: 5:28 am, April 26, 2014
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

Not sure what is confusing this is all I found looking for the website it also states the same on the Facebook page. I doubt any company changes its mind and goes bust.

"Preston Travel (C.I.) Limited, registered company number 1181, has ceased to trade. Preston Travel (C.I.) Limited covers the following trading names: 'Preston Holidays', 'Longwood Holidays' and 'Amathus Holidays'.

Customers with bookings which include flights, and who are travelling or have yet to travel, are advised to contact the Civil Aviation Authority web-site at the following link: http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=27.

Customers with bookings which do not include flights, and who are travelling or have yet to travel, are advised to contact the ABTA claims department by telephone on 0845 3306414 or to refer to the following website: www.abta.com."

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
594 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Longwoods Holidays have gone bust

We got all our money back this week.