We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

Hi all, planning to travel from luxor to abu simbel staying overnight in Aswan, preferably stopping a Edfu and Kom Ombo. Would really appreciate advice on cost and recommended tour companies

Many thanks

Mark

benjie3434
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

try spring tours in luxor they give very competitive prices

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

See the review pages at tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294205-Activi…

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

Hello

Hope this is not too late

l am hoping to do the same as you in early March and hope this is of some help. The verbatim extract below is from Keylany Hotel in Aswan who are likely to arrange only if you stay with them ( email sent to me yesterday 21st Feb 2014 ). My research indicates that if you stay in the cheaper hotels in Aswan they are likely to have contacts with the shared minibus service that will pick you up from your hotel at 4.00am. Keylany will give you a small packed breakfast ( possibly bread, jam).

Do post if you use the shared minibus

Abu Simbel

One day-trip short tour to Abu Simbel 85 LE /person,By tourist police order it is not allowed to be booked online or in advance

You also can book One day-trip long tour for Abu Simbel 100 LE /person, this tour include a visit to the High Dam in the way back and Philae temple (you still got to pay for the boat ) all in one package

(Please note that the Egyptian government increased the diesel price with %50 three days ago and as a result the rates might change) we still do not know what would happen, so far no body charges more.

All of Abu Simbel tours start at 4:00am (3 hours driving and 2hours tour at the temple then 3 hours driving back to Aswan, if you have booked a long tour then you still got tours to be done)

The short tour comes back around 1:30 pm

The long tour comes back around 3:30pm

These rates are only for the transfer, not include any entrance fees to any of the temples

Booking for these tours upon arrival not online and it goes daily

Entrance fees:-

•Abu Simbel is 95 EGP/person

•High dam entrance fees is 30 EGP/person

•Philae entrance fees is 50 EGP/person (sound and light show 75 EGP/person)

•Unfinished obelisk 30 EGP

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

You can visit Kom Ombo and Edfu quickly on the way to Aswan then do Aswan visits on day 1 as it is about 3 or 4 hours drive between Luxor and Aswan and the sites close at 4 pm. On day 2 you will start very early to go with the 3 am convoy to Abu Simbel and it it also takes about 3 hours and half to Abu Simbel. After you finsih Abu Simbel you will drive back to Aswan to be there around 1 pm. You can have lunch in Aswan before proceeding to Luxor

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

If as recommended by mokh p you wish to see Kom Ombo and Edfu ( which I am going to do) I have included another verbatim extract from the Keylany Hotel email dated 21 Feb 2014 ( you must stay at the hotel)

Extract

Aswan to Luxor by Vehicle

from Aswan to Luxor include site seen for 85 EGP per person

Start at 8:00 am with the convoy , it arrives to Luxor around 3:00pm ,and end at the downtown

In the way the convoy stops at the temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu

All the vehicle air conditioned

These rates are only for the transport, not entrance fees

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

I thought that the Egyptian Government relaxed the convoy restriction between Aswan and Luxor and that you could travel between these cities on your own. Am I mistaken?

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
485 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

I contacted the Keylany in 2008 and received the same 'verbatim' from them, so most of it (other than the prices quoted) will be seriously out of date by now. Any of the hotels in Aswan should be able to organise the trip to AS for you at reasonable cost, but might be worth asking on the Aswan forum for an update on the situation.

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

If you PM me today, as I am off to Egypt early in the morning I will recommend two companies, one from Luxor to Aswan and the other from Aswan to AS. I can also recommend the Pyramisa Isis to stay in, very cheap with a lovely boat ride out to it.

Phil

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

anisal

re your #5

In February I was driven both Luxor-Aswan and Aswan-Luxor. It was not in a convoy (just a local taxi company) and took the West bank 'desert' road, which meant NOT passing Edfu & Kom Ombo admittedly. Journey time was just over 3 hours both times.

I wasn't aware there was a convoy Luxor-Aswan, having been up and down that East Bank road privately a few times in recent years, and it certainly wasn't mentioned in our discussions this time.

Edited: 10:42 am, March 03, 2014
10. Re: Luxor to Abu Simbel overnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 05, 2015