We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Luxor

Middlesbrough
7 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Luxor

I will be travelling to Luxor in October and as this is my first trip I was wanting to know what the weather would be like so that I can determine what clothes to pack.

If anyone could post an answer for me that would be grand!

Thank you

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Luxor

Hi,

I'm from UK but live in Luxor. Was here last October & temps were in the 30's most of time. Hotter than a good English summer, can't remember when last good one was!!! If you need any info about Luxor you can contact me at ham.jann@yahoo.co.uk if you wish. For a first timer it can be a bit of a culture shock. Try to read up a little on the religion & culture it will come in useful. Be happy to answer any questions if I can.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,208 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Luxor

We were in Luxor last October and it was pretty hot in the middle of the day, over 30. It gets dark around 5 pm but the sun is fierce while it's out so be careful. Clothes to go out - loose fitting, covering most of you, expecially shoulders, arms and chest. Trousers and loose tshirt with half sleeves is fine. Not necessary to cover hair, but hat or dark glasses may be comfortable for you. Comfortable shoes are vital! No need to dress up much in the evenings. A light jacket or cardigan will be useful. Decent hotels have very cheap same day laundry so you can cut down on luggage. Round the pool, a bikini would be OK but a one piece suit might be better. Definitely not topless. Decent hotels provide pool towels. You'll have a marvellous time. October is a very good time to go.

3. Re: Weather in Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 16, 2009