We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa at Luxor airport.

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Visa at Luxor airport.

Are the visas at Luxor airport - from the bank tellers on the left hand side as you enter - still about a tenner? Flying out next week, can't wait ! :)

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
1 review
1. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

This HAS to be the MOST asked question on this forum.

The visa is $15.00, which at the moment is just under £10.00, from the booths (this is the OFFICIAL price).

West Country
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

Yes.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
191 reviews
3. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

Yes, it has to be the most asked question ever ..

Crowborough, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

On the visa subject. If you have a transfer booked they will be waiting to get you just inside the door before you get to the official visa place on the left. They will then charge £20 english for the visa which is all legal and above board just their way of getting extra money from you. If you do not want to pay this you need to BLANK the chaps and walk past over to the kiosk area just a few steps to the left. If you even glance or hint you are on their list they will almost grab you. If you do go to the official place you will also get change which is good for tips and can also change a note or two. Then head back over to your transfer chaps who will be busy collecting £20 and handing out visas to the rest of their group. They will hit the roof trying to figure out how you have the visa not bought from them. Be ready as soon as the airport door opens they are right there in your face.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

We arrived at Luxor airport on 20th June, and despite the cabin crew telling passengers visas were available from rep, on entering the airport the rep really wasn't pushy, although there were so many people going to bank tellers, i think he thought he wasn't gonna win!! Much better than when we were there in Feb, when a different rep got really annoyed at the people getting visas from tellers, in fact he was very rude to on lady, and told her she should take her visa back, get a refund and have the visa from him!!! Needless to say she didn't,

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

If a couple of planes land at the same time, and there is a long queue at the banks, then I buy from the rep who is waiting for me, its worth the extra £5 not to queue.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

Surely im not alone,wondering at some of the strange replyes posted?

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

The strangest being No7!!!!!

(replies)

spelling police lol.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

Woops i seem to have posted something a so called egypt expert didnt like, all be sure not to make a spelling mistake.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10. Re: Visa at Luxor airport.

I always get $15 dollars from bank or post office before I fly out and give them that, noooooo hassle over what change is owed etc. the amount of times queues develop over people arguing over a couple of coins is unbelievable