We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tim

UK
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tim

Tim,

Just Googled this...

Luxor (LXR): Location: 7 km/4 Miles E of the City. By Taxi: To town EGP 30++/15 mins. Expect much argument to obtain a realistic fare. Always agree a price before setting off!! By Bus: There is a regular bus service to the city centre which takes 15 mins. Rental Cars: Available. Airport Tel No: +20 95 374 655. Updated Jan06. [back].[top]

I can recommend from many years experience...

abdelluxortaxi@yahoo.com

E mail your name, date, flight, arrival time etc and you will avoid the hassle - I have NO personal interest in this company, only 14 years of good service and refusal to charge me when they take me to the Orphanage.

Matt.

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tim

Hi Matt,

Which orphanage do you visit, Sunshine? Doyou know there is a home for disabled kids here too, run by the Coptic Christians? If you want on details on it or can help them when you next visit contact me at ham.jann@yahoo.co.uk They are in greater need & few tourists get to hear about them. Sorry this does not really relate to the original post.

2. Re: Tim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:49 pm, July 14, 2015
UK
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tim

Rohini/Iberis

The Orphanage that we support is "The Coptic Orthodox Association of Soldiers of Christ...The association of mercy for the welfare of Christian orphan girls."

It is in Kelopatra Street Luxor and is run by Dr Refat Aboud - the telephone number is (2095) 2373792 - Dr Refats' number is (2095)373277.

What I normally do is to telephone Mr Medhat Salama who runs the Horus Hotel - (2095)372165 - ask when it is convenient to visit, go to the Horus Hotel and Mr Salama drives us there and helps interpret...we wandered in to the Horus in 1992 I think to ask directions to the Orphanage and found the Medhat was a supporter.

You should contact Iberis - there are many souls in Luxor in need of help, our kids have made great progress since we first visited them, maybe local knowledge can direct you to some more needy?

Have a look back at the Forum discussion a few days ago regarding Sunshine and my comments on the subject...whatever you decide, keep in mind that ANY help you give anywhere is very selfish - it makes YOU feel so much better!

God Bless,

Matt.

PS - We were directed to our Orphange all these years ago by a Muslim tour guide - we did not choose Christian over Muslim

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tim

I'd be very happy to direct people to any of these good causes if they want to contact me. Like you say Matt there are many needy children here. My email is ham.jann@yahoo.co.uk The more people that know about these good causes then the more support, moral, financial or otherwise we can provide for them.