We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise with Thomson's

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nile Cruise with Thomson's

Hello everyone

I have been to Egypt quite a few times but have never been on a Nile cruise, which I am rectifying in early February. I have read a few forums but wondered if anyone could answer my questions who has completed a Nile cruise recently.

I am going with Thomson's Presidential cruise:

Do you know which boat it is?

Is it best to take £s and exchange on the boat or is better value here?

Are there towels available for the pool? (Should I expect services to be as per a hotel?)

Was your boat full? Approximately how many fellow travellers?

What is the UK/non-UK ratio on the boat?

Any tips on getting better cabins - if there are better ones?

The weather sites look promising, what were the feel like temps like - both day & night?

What did you do on the day of rest in Aswan (if you don't want to do Abu).

Was the balloon ride worth it? I hear Thomson's don't do the breakfast in the dessert version after the ride.

I'm ok on how to dress off the boat etc, but any advice on anything else that you think I should be prepared for would be most welcome.

Sorry to go on, but i just want to be prepared. Any helpful responses are greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Hayling Island...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nile Cruise with Thomson's

I've got the Thomson brochure and it states you have all the normal trips included in the price. Valley of the Kings, Hatchepsut, Memnon, Karnak, Luxor, Nubian Museum, Aswan Dam, Philae Temple and Dendersh Temple.

Mentioned in this post
Valley of the Kings
Valley of the Kings
4,705 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Nubian Museum
Nubian Museum
503 Reviews
Aswan, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
12. Re: Nile Cruise with Thomson's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 28, 2014