We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cut price Summer Deals

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Cut price Summer Deals

Ive just checked a few of the Budget sites for holidays to Luxor next June and July . Some amazing deals to be had at some of the higher end hotels..Ice Lolly .com is worth checking out .

And before the well seasoned travelers amongst you mention they have add ons and the final price will be higher than the one initially advertised, indeed it will ,but well worth having a gander

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

I have used Icelolly more than once and if you are flexible on hotels it can be excellent value. Yes, the cost will be more than the headline price but so what.

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

"Yes, the cost will be more than the headline price but so what". interesting comment, given that most complaints against the no frills airlines is between the headline price and the add on price (actual price) you end up paying.

Matthew you say about amazing deals, what sort of price are you getting for these "top end hotels" and what are the final prices for them as well?

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

One problem with June and July (and probably the reason for the extra-cheap deals) is the temperature! I have come across many first-timers who were not warned, and were not sufficiently wary enough to check for themselves just how hot it actually gets in the Egyptian summer sun.

When shaded temperatures can hit the mid-fifties, it's too hot for most people to be in the sun, and their holidays are thereby completely ruined. They go home highly dissatisfied, complain to the friends who will listen, and swear to never come back.

That's just what Egypt, and Luxor in particular, DOESN'T need just now!

Let's hope that they do manage to come prepared, and have a surprisingly good, and cheap, holiday?

Best wishes,

Edward.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

Stunning Sue

Check for yourself. End of June beginning of July . Sonesta, Nile Palace. all very cheap

Edward

Your point is ?

jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

its not my cup of tea having to phone up to see what the final price will be i like a price in front of me.i paid £1180 for a fortnight at the jolie with fleetways travel for may. i paid just less then that last year with t/c for the same hotel but in june.so well satisfied. not knocking ice lolly its just not my cup of tea way of booking.

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

Matthew I paid £465 each for 16 days flight with Easyjet (with booked seats and luggage) and hotel with Thomas Cook (Nile Palace).

I have looked at Icelolly and they will do 14 days at Nile Palace for £296 (this does NOT include booked seats, luggage, credit card fees), this is via Purple Travel. When however you look at Purple Travel and try to book exactly the same holiday, it shows £387 per person (again NOT including booked seats, luggage, fees etc).

There are deals to be had (there always are, if you can be bothered to look), but I would personally only book with a company that is less likely to go out of business, taking my money with it.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

scahill

Was that for a family of four ?

Think I will stick with Ice Lolly thank you

. Phone calls have never bothered me that much

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

Matthew, please when you book your holiday with icelolly, can you let the forum know the advertised price and the FINAL price you paid for comparison, this would help those like minded people who may be tempted to use these companies.

Please can you also use my correct name of StunningStu NOT Stunning Sue (I am MALE not FEMALE).

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

Just had a torn retina , sorry Stu...

Check it yourself

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cut price Summer Deals

Sorry to hear about your retina Matthew ( I have had 2 of those myself) so I know what it is like.

Why would I phone up to check on the final price of a holiday I didn't want to book (my time and phone bill). I just thought that if you were planning on using them, you might like to impart that info to fellow posters (being helpful).

Hey Ho