We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at Christmas?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Weather at Christmas?

Hi. Is Luxor usually warmer than the Red sea resorts at Christmas? Is it warm enough to sunbathe? Thanks.

Edited: 12:40 pm, November 10, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at Christmas?

I visited Luxor in mid-December a few years ago and there was always people in and around the pool but their preferences may not be yours.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at Christmas?

I have been in Luxor several times in December and have spent a few hours comfortably relaxing/sunbathing, don't do pool dossing, too engrossed with culture.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
11,929 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at Christmas?

Should be reasonably ok for sunbathing in the middle of the day, if it is windy you can find a sheltered spot. The sun is fierce by UK standards regardless of temperature. It's not an ideal time if you want to do nothing but sunbathing, though. Locals will think you are mad as they go around in woolly hats and scarves.

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at Christmas?

We have been to the Red sea area, Sharm, in December and Luxor, will be there this year a week before Xmas. We have found that Luxor is just slightly warmer, it is slightly further south which helps and it is in- land away from the sea breeze. As others have said it can be cold early morning and at night but between around 10.00am and 2.30pm it should be warm enough to sun bath. I usually make the mistake early in my holiday of misjudging the temperature and don't think I need any sun cream, then end up with slight sun burn. We try and visit Aswan for a long weekend, it is a few more degrees warmer there than Luxor.

Phil

5. Re: Weather at Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013