We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

We are looking at going on a Nile Cruise in January/February next year.

Having reviewed lots of options, we are now down to our final 2 boat choices and was hoping for advice that would help us decide.

MS Monica or Nile Vision?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

What was your selection criteria to get to those two?

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

Either or both may be operating as it all depends on visitor numbers. Right now many boats are laid up due to not having enough travellers to make the cruises viable. Hopefully that will change before you go.

I have heard of the Monica but not the Nile Vision ?.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

There are plenty of reviews and past threads about the MS Monica on this forum (type MS Monica into the forum search box to find them).

You could also try doing the same with the Nile Vision, but like SWmuse, this is not a boat that I have ever seen or heard of before.

As also suggested, it may not make much difference which boat you book a cruise on as to whether or not you actually end up on that boat when you get to Luxor, as many cruise passengers are reporting having their boat allocation changed at very short notice, or even upon arrival, to make up passenger numbers on the few boats that ARE cruising at the moment due to the very low tourist numbers visiting Egypt right now.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

I see that Orbital Travel use the HS Nile Vision for cruises as well as the Monica. I did look for reviews on that site but thè only recent ones seemed to be for the Domina Prestige, another boat. Is that thè company you are looking to book with ?.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

I know of a company that book all or some of the boats mentioned in the previous post, I have just booked with them after getting a quote from both them and Orbital, the Orbital quote was almost 50% more!

Edited: 3:57 pm, August 29, 2012
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

Sorry meant to add that i can give you details if you PM me, dont want to break any TA rules regarding advertising!

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

we are just about to book on orbital travel for the nile cruise. Did you say there is a cheaper one?

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

went on the nile vision for a look a couple of years ago it was fabulous it was very modern and put our boa,t angelotel, to shame.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

Have you looked at the Jaz Regency through Thomson? Fabulous boat and the staff are something special.

Hertfordshire
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nile Cruise Boat - Down to 2 Options ... help

Dear Julian / Loughborough

I have just noticed your report that you have put on trip advisor. Please can you advise us of the company that you have been dealing with as Orbital Travel have exclusivitiy for both the Ms Monica and Nile Vision.

What you have reported is not acceptable and we will persue this matter further if we have to.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Denise McCallum

01763 274174

Edited: 9:46 am, October 22, 2012