We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening wear

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Evening wear

Hi, iam going to the Le Meridien,with my wife and daughter plus my first grandchild who is 2 years old on the 19th of April, we have never been to a 5 star before and are just a little bit uneasy on what to wear for evening dinner, i now casual wear is fine outside the hotel,but don't want to take to many pairs of long trousers,plus surely you don't need to wear a tie or jacket.I hope anybody out there can help.

Ps also got some great advice from the forum.

Alanda

UK
Level Contributor
686 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening wear

Alanda,

As far as I know, only the '1886' restaurant, at The Old Winter Palace, requires men to wear a jacket and tie, for dinner. Casual smart, seems fine for Luxor. People can dress up as much as they like...or not. My personal view is that paying guests should choose how to dress, on holiday. Most of us get enough of formal dress at work. Worldwide, many 5 star hotels have come to realise this, and have adjusted stuffy dress codes. I hope you and your family have a great time.

England
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening wear

Where are you flying from? we may be on the same plane. LOL i live in Preston too.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,021 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening wear

No tie or jacket necessary but I would recommend long trousers except round the pool. I have never stayed at the Meridien, but I am certain they will have a same day laundry service and it will not be expensive by our standards, so you could always have some washing done halfway if you con't want to carry too much.

UK
Level Contributor
686 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening wear

Verity's laundry sugestion, is a great one. It is relatively cheap, to have clothes done, cutting down on the need for more than a few pairs of trousers. It is a worthwhile little holiday luxury, to come back home, with some packaged, perfectly folded clothes.