We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise recommendations

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Cruise recommendations

Hi,

I'm traveling to Egypt in Decmeber 2012. I'm going in for a 4 day/3 night cruise on a Monday-Thursday schedule from Aswan to Luxor. Based on what I've found so far, I have a choice of the following boats:

1) MS Alyssa

2) Iberotel Crown Emperor

3) Iberotel Crown Empress

4) Jaz Minerva

(4) is the most expensive of the lot, whereas the other 3 are equally priced. Just wondering, has anyone traveled on these before, and if so, what do you suggest I pick? Also, they're offering a 24$/day all-inclusive soft+local hard drinks package - is that worth going in for?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Cruise recommendations

If you put your boat names into the search box above there are some comments on some of them and a comment on the All-Inc package for the Jaz Minerva.

I would also check the itinerary as you might find that one whole day of your cruise is tied up in Luxor.. This is maybe what you want to be able to see the sites, but be aware that the boats moor against each other so you might have a view into someone else cabin. We had a 7 day cruise and on our return from Aswan it sailed through the night so we had 2 nights moored. Luckily we were the end boat of 4 and also had a view of the west bank.

Phil

2. Re: Cruise recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 01, 2012
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
38 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Cruise recommendations

We went on the Jaz Minerva 2 years ago and it was absolutely first class. Excellent service, food, etc. Loved the fact that you coud open your cabin windows and sit and watch as you cruise along - can't do that in all the boats.

We came back yesterday from our second trip but this time on the Jaz Regency (Thomsons who we booked with had reverted to this boat). Slightly older boat but just as good service. We were moored next to the Jaz Minerva which still looked in great condition. At Luxor and Aswan there was only the two Jaz boats moored together for some of the time as not so many boats operating with lack of tourists at the moment.

We have used the all-inclusive both times and love the fact that we don't have to think about how much we drink - even though we hardly drank any alcohol the teas, coffees, cokes and gallons of bottled water were worth it as it was so hot in July. Beer (lager) is fine, but the wine is not particularly good quality and didn't try spirits.

Hope that helps.

AlisonJ

4. Re: Cruise recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 21, 2013