We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we need to swim in the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
we need to swim in the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

hello we have booked a 2 week stay in luxor in may but i am wondering wether we should have done a 2 resort stay where,how best to travel, how far and how much would be the best place to go mayber for the day? does anybody have any tips please

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: we need to swim in the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurghada is the closest sea resort to Luxor. There are many posts on this forum about how to get there from Luxor. Any travel agent in front of the winter Palace hotel in Luxor can help you arranging the trip. Check 2 or 3 of them and compare the offers you get.

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: we need to swim in the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

As Darsh says Hurghada is the closest place for a dip in the sea. However, it is 4 hours drive away & you have to travel in a convoy. It may be possible to fly but I have not been able to find out about this so far. The earliest convoy leaves Luxor at 7a.m. You may want to consider an overnight stay there as you will not have a great deal of time otherwise. If you need any info/advice about Luxor I'd be pleased to help. I'm English but live here now. You can contact me at ham.jann@yahoo.co.uk