We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driver 1

london
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Topic
driver 1

Hi Driver 1,

Just seen your post .....Luxor mid April staying at Movenpick. We will be at Movenpick in May would really appreciate some feed back from you when you get back re: how much to eat at hotel trips and tips and anything else you think may be useful.

Have just emailed magic horizon balloon trip they say its usually £99 GBP but if I book via email it will be £80 plus the price includes tea juice or bottled water and English cake??? They also mention that the baskets hold up to 22 people seems rather a lot and no parachute LOL.

Hope to hear from you when you get back,

Have a great trip

Jay

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: driver 1

Hi jaypk,

Book your balloon trip when you get here. cost about 50 GBP if you know where to book. Some friends of mine did the balloon last month, said it was fantastic. Afraid I"ve not got the bottle for it!! It's also wise to check out prices for tours with local companies, you will save money & get just as good a service as you would with the big tour operators. The Movenpick is a nice hotel, actually on a small island, have to cross a short causeway to it. It's outside the main centre of Luxor & quite secluded but they run a shuttle bus & motor boat, I think, into town. Can't comment on prices for food in hotel but there are lots of excellent, cheap restaurants in Luxor itself. If you need more info/advice contact me at ham.jann@yahoo.co.uk. Been living here for about year now but from UK.

Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driver 1

Hi!

We are going to Movenpick at start June. I also emailed Magic Horizon for price and they quoted me £80 as a special rate if I book in advance! Looks as if we're being ripped off before even setting foot in the country!!

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: driver 1

If you need info on where to book the balloon at cheaper price email me before you leave for your holiday.

London
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driver 1

Hi Jaypk,

Just saw your post. We are leaving on Monday for the Movenpick. I will post a message titled Jaypk. Or if you like, you can post your email and I can email you directly. I have spent days reading forums and guide books, so I feel well prepared. Can't wait to get there.

Anita

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: driver 1

Hi everyone, just enquired about balloon trip for some people arriving soon. There's a desk at New winter Palce Hotel offering it at 45 English pounds, cheapest I've seen so far. Includes all transport, 45 minute flight, a certificate & free T shirt. Children 10 & under half price. If you need any more info about it contact me at ham.jann@yahoo.co.uk

UK
Level Contributor
686 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: driver 1

Iberis, £45 is a great rate. I haven't heard of anyone getting this cheaper.

USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: driver 1

I would recommend Hod Hod Soliman balloon company (I think that is how you spell it). I doubt they are the cheapest but they have the best safety record.