We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise Boats

UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Nile Cruise Boats

I need help - Does anyone know the name of a Nile Cruise boat that when you open the cabin curtains you see the river and not anyone walking past. I'd like a boat that the corridor for cabins is in the middle of the boat and not the outside. I know the Lady Mary is like this but that boats starts cruising in November.

Hope this makes sense.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

Just about all the modern Nile cruisers are built like that. As far as I can recall, only the Sudan (and maybe the Karim) have outside walkways. Although there may be one or two more, these would be the exception rather than the rule!

Regards,

Edward.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

Hi

Also remember the Cruise boats are tied up sometimes with a boat next to you, so depending on the boats you may get this. I remember a tour rep telling me that one guest after checking in came from their cabin complaining they did not wish to overlook the swimming pool but wanted to see the river, as it turns out it was the swimming pool from the boat next to them.

R

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

The THomsons commodore window looked directly on to the water, huge picture window... nobody would walk around the boat as far as I remember.

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

Thanks for your replies.

We are thinking about the Thomson 4T Presidential Nile Cruise - any comments?

cheers

Poodle

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

As Edward suggests, 99% of the modern Nile cruise boats are of the 'walkways on the inside' variety, but even here, depending on what 'level' your cabin is on you could potentially have someone (a member of the crew) walking past on the 'ledge' at deck level, as has happened to me in the past.

If your cabin is lower and nearer the water level, you could also be greeted at times by the 'smiling faces' of felucca or motorboat men at your window, or as ras2 points out, whatever level your cabin maybe on, you could still find yourself looking straight into someone else's cabin (and they into yours) when the boats are moored up side by side.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

The Ra2 has its own mooring in both Luxor and Aswan and at every stop no other boat was tied up alongside us so we had an uninterrupted view of the river from our cabin. That was one of the big selling points for me.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
218 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

I have just returned froma nile cruise on the Sherry Boat which is what you are looking for. Huge big windows that look straight out onto the river. Enjoy :)

8. Re: Nile Cruise Boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, June 18, 2013