We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise ships karim and julianna palace

uk
14 posts
cruise ships karim and julianna palace

hi there everyone,

has any one been on the karim or the julianna palace any info would be of help. ie what is it like the standards, cabins, food and so on thanks, jackie.

stoke england
11 posts
1. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

Not very good!

We were booked on the Karim it must be the poorest veessel on the Nile.

It was old,tatty and grubby.

Mildew in the bathroom uncomfortable beds disgusting dinning room carpet panels hanging off the pool side.I have stopped in more elegant Youth Hostels..Have you been told you have excursions included?We had on booking,but this vanished once at resort.

Good luck you will need it.

wales
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

Hi Brutam

My friend and I have just come back from a cruise on the Karim palace, it was a bit of a culture shock at first. but whatever shortcomings with the ship was well compensated by the friendly staff who went out of their way to make sure we had a good time.George the courier was brilliant almost making you feel that you were their at the time that these events took place.The carpet was renewed while we were on board. The cabins could do with a refurb//and the pool is very small. You sign for your drinks but they do not take Credit Cards or Travellers Cheque's only cash. We then had a week in the Pyramisa with was great. If you need any more info please ask

england
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
3. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

Hi

I read that you were planning to cruise on the Katrim palace. I'be booked a trip next month on this ship and wondered whether you could give me any feedback

uk
14 posts
4. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

hi this message is for pindi, we wont be going on karim or julianna palace we have desided to stick to etoile du nil sorry.

xxxxxx
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
5. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

Etoile du nil?????!!!!!

You obviously didn;t read my reply to your post asking about it....It's dreadful!!!!

THere are plenty of good tour boats out there, but you get what you pay for I suppose.........

glasgow scotland
1 post
6. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

pindi

booked on cruise May 15 is this the one you are going on

7. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:34 am, May 06, 2006
Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
8. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

Hi, Just me i peen in this bout.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
4 posts
115 reviews
9. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

Don't you believe it - Karim palace is MUCH cheaper than other boats, and smaller too - 34 double cabins and 4 singles. Also the fastest boat on the Nile - the captain overtook everything else (is this an advantage?). Just remember that boats have engines which can be noisy if you are at the back (and the Karim's is very noisy and vibrates) and that some boats keep their engine on whilst docked, so you get a constant smell of diesel fumes near the backs of those boats. Also, as the boats park up next to each other, your view can consist of the cabin on the next boat which can only be a few feet away.

The Karim is a UK 3*, the 5* is an Egyptian tourist board rating. There is acres of open/ public space and the pool is the largest of any boat we saw. Our double bed (even though only twins were advertised) was huge.

The tariffs are confusing: people were booked half board, full board and all-inclusive. A-i only gave you free drinks on the three days of sailing. Everyone else had to pay for all their drinks (as I understand they do on all boats) at £E7 each. Our drinks bill for the week (no stinting) for a family of four was only £64 sterling, including loads of bottled water and beers. The excursions are vastly overpriced, and then converted to dollars at a very poor rate. Be brave and do it yourself. Do not be afraid to negotiate with the Egyptians who wait around everywhere. They will look after you for alot less and you will go without any other tourists being around. All the sites are next to or near The Nile. However, our guide was very good.

The Karim is exactly what you would expect from a 3* hotel, but no tea and coffee facilities in rooms, although there was electricity - take an adaptor. My son had no trouble charging his i-pod and PSP.

The staff are super and make a real effort, and the captain seems to know the best times to sail, and maintained an outside berth for us at Aswan, so we kept our great views for the two days we were there.

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
10. Re: cruise ships karim and julianna palace

I need to apologise once more. A friend has use of my computer at times & keeps forgetting to log me out before replying with own user name. You will see from the spelling that the above post from Iberis was not me. Sorry , It WILL NOT happen again!!!