We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river nile cruise with flights and packages

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
river nile cruise with flights and packages

Hi everbody can anyone tell me if they have been on river nile cruise with the company flights and packages we are going to book in a couple weeks time i have looked on the site and the boat and hotel look lovley just wondered if anyone has been its our first time on nile cruise thank u sally southend on sea.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

As you guys (Edward & BB) have said yourselves, there is no comparison and it is probably far more different than most would imagine and due to that, in my experience it would seem that the occassions of 'Captains Dinner' and the like are in name alone.

I say that because I have in fact met a couple of the 'Captains' on a couple of Nile cruises I have taken and they are not the swarve debonair officer in full dress uniform one might imagine at all and in fact would probably not be allowed into the restaurant at all.

All 3 'Captains' that I had the pleasure to meet looked more akin to a chap you would find plouging the fields on the westbank.

They were dressed in a grubby galabaya, a scarf headress, barefoot and had never heard of, nor had ever been to a dentist in their lives and spoke not a word of English.

One 'Captain' (possibly the same for the others) did not even appear to have a cabin, as he 'lived' on the bridge and bedded down next to the boat wheel and controls, where he had some blankets and a pillow and was also equipped with a little camping stove, a plate, a cup etc. and he lived there with his young son, who he was training to 'pilot' the boat and who he indicated would take over from him one day.

So it could just be that the REAL Captains dinner would have actually taken place right there and it was only HIM that turned up !

So everybody should be aware, don't bother changing into your tuxedo for the 'Captains dinner' on board, because even if the captain IS there, he most certainly won't be wearing one, LoL !

Edited: 5:38 am, October 14, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Oh, and incase anyone is wondering what cruise boat it was where I describe the 'Captains quarters' above, well it wasn't a budget priced 'bucket' but was actually one of the very popular and often mentioned (on this forum) 5 STAR vessels, which was very 'plush' indeed, which was why it was such a surprise to meet the captain, tho he was a lovely little chap and so 'proud' of what he did and he even let my Missus 'drive' the boat for a while (but thank Allah she didn't have to park it, LoL)

Manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Hi Jerdypaw

Have a look at Memphis Tours of Cairo. They can offer tailored itineraries. And you are in a strong position as only about 30% of Nile cruise boats are running and occupancy is very low on those which are operating.

We returned on Saturday from our dehabaya cruise. At the last minute we were upgraded to the Sonesta Amirat which was lovely and takes a maximum of 16 passengers. However, not only did we have a bargain price but we were the only 2 people on the boat. King & Queen of the Nile for 5 days!

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

I just got back from a trip on the sonesta moon goddess.

This was also very good especially the food.

There were 12 people on it Luxor to Aswan and 24 on the way back.

London
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

I have bought with 2bookaholiday.com a Nile cruise and stay in Egypt.

Nile cruise is on M/S Swiss Inn Radamis II, departure in Novembre

Stay is in Hurgarda at the Titanic Beach Hotel.

The agent did not tell me that I will be buying my holiday from youhotels.com. I noticed this only after vouchers were sent.

Having read the very poor reviews about youtravel.com and youhotels.com I wonder if my bookings, transfers ect. will be exactly the same as the ones I paid for.

Do a client in my situation have right to cancel nile cruise with flights and packacges when the provider is different from the contacted agent?

Edited: 3:49 pm, October 17, 2012
36. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 13, 2013