We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor in march

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luxor in march

My husband and i are going to luxor for the first time on the 20/3 for 2 weeks and staying at the New winter palace pavillion. Is anyone else going at the same time and what can we expect with regards to the hotel, weather, local people etc.

Thanx.

Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor in march

See you there Tracey , Myself and my girlfriend will be there too...cant wait

uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor in march

hi my wife and i are going to the same place at the end of april so i would appreciate your views when you return.hope its great.

thank you

3. Re: Luxor in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, February 14, 2006
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor in march

I'm really jealous of all of you. My girlfriend and I stayed at the NWP last August and absolutely loved it. The hotel and the staff were absolutely fantastic. The pool is so relaxing after a long morning's sightseeing and there's not much wrong with having a beer brought to your very comfortable sun lounger on a hot afternoon. Luxor Temple is quite literally next door and it'll blow you away when you first see it. We just kept taking walks up to it just because we could.

As I keep saying on this forum please skip the welcome meeting. It's a waste of a morning. Turn left out of the hotel and you'll find Karnak Travel where you will save a lot of money and have a much more personalised trip. We got private tours everywhere with our own driver and guide in an air-conditioned minibus. Apart from usual temples, etc. you MUST go on a hot air balloon ride and you MUST, MUST take the trip to Safaga and the Red Sea with Karnak Travel. We got a driver called Mohamed (although everyone in Egypt seems to have that name) and he looked after us constantly. We have never felt such hospitality. OK, he got a big tip but he deserved it!

There's so much to say about Luxor so if you have any questions please post them and they will be answered.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor Temple
Luxor Temple
3,386 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Stockport/Luxor
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor in march

Hi, I live in Luxor but from the UK. I fell in love with Luxor the first time I visited. It is an amazing place. I stayed at NWP on my first two visits & as others have said its a great hotel. The staff are so friendly & can't do enough for you. I have become quite friendly with many of them & go there for a coffee most days. If you are interested I would love to meet up with you when you are here & show you around. I can even organise some trips for you but show you the real life of Luxor today too. As was mentioned in another post, forget the welcome meeting try to use local firms, they need the business much more. You can contact me at janetfoy7@yahoo.co.uk Hope to hear from you but have a great time anyway if you decide not to.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
england
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor in march

I can reccomend Nawar she is very helpful and will make your stay in Luxor easy and without problems.

She is very honest and will go out of her way to show you everything in Luxor.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
7. Re: Luxor in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:49 pm, February 22, 2006