We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi everyone

My husband, myself and two friends are booked on this boat for a weeks Nile cruise in June this year. Read lots of good reviews on the Thompsons website however despite reviews still have a few unanswered questions if anyone can help. Does anyone know if you can upgrade to all inclusive once aboard?, also how much is it for the excursions and can they be purchased separately or do you have to buy the whole weeks excursions? All help appreciated Thanks

Norwich
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi Roo,

You should still be able to upgrade to all inclusive, the Thomson rep will tell you how much etc at the welcome meeting. If you have booked via Thomson then the standard excursions should be included in the price. If you need any more info then drop me a pm, we are back on there in March and again in July.

Cheers

Bron

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi we were on the Jaz Regency in Oct 2010 with Thomsons.

It was wonderful, yes you can upgrade to AI once you arrive on board cost was £115 per person! To be honest we didnt bother as we are not great drinkers and would have really struggled to get our moneys worth.£230 worth of drink for two people in just seven days eekkkkkk...dont think so!

When we booked the tours were already included in the total cost of the holiday......are you sure yours are not inlcuded (are you booked via Thomson??)

Hope this helps...I did a long review a while ago about our trip..I'll find teh link and post on here for you :-)

here yer go...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k4…

Sue xx

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Yhanks Guys, just trying to work out roughly how much cash to take as dont really want to carry cards. Roo

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi, Hopefully Eqypt will be back on its feet by June as the Cruise is an amazing experience. My partner and I were on the Nile Cruise over the New Year and it was wonderful. The food was great and the tours were well organised. The tours were included in the price of our holiday. Just had to pay for extra excursions like Abu Simbel which we opted not to go on as we found that the included sight seeing tours were enough for the week. We also didnt pay for the All Inclusive as it only included glasses of wine, beers, tea and coffee (selected drinks only). Instead, we bought red wine and our favourite, local sparkling wine called "Aida" from the Duty Free or from the Off License near the Train Station. We had drinks in our room before and after dinner. You can also buy bottes of water from the Supermarkets which are much cheaper than buying onboard but you have to hide them in your bag as security may not be too keen on people bringing bottles onboard. The regular staff are cool about it all and you even get glasses and bottle opener in your cabin. Obviously, you will have to check with your travel agent about travelling to Luxor. Please send your prayers to Egypt and its good people as they deserved to be looked after. We also bought postcards and small handmade gifts from the children who came coming running upto us on our trips. Please help them and give them something too and see their beautiful smiles appear. Much Love x

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Thanks for your reply hopefully the current problems in egypt will be on way to being resolved by June. Been to Egypt any times ang returning to Sharm in August this year. As this is our first Nile cruise we were trying to estimate how much cash to take with us. Glad you had a great time over new year your post has helped thanks. Roo

Ashford, Kent
Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi

Has been interesting readng the notes. This is my/our first Nile Cruise and we too are going in June! It's going to be very hot!!

LT

Derby
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi,

I have done a Nile cruise on this boat. The best holiday I have ever had. The cruise is all inclusive and your trips should be included - they were when I went with Thomson. Didn't have to pay a penny more only for drinks with meals and in the bar. I am sure you will have a fabulous time.

Devon, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi

As long as travel to Egypt is possible then, we have booked on this boat in July. I have seen on other sites that Nile Cruises include gala nights etc. Does this happen on the Jaz Regency? Thanks for the advice on not up--grading to all inclusive of drinks!

Derby
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Yes you have a gala night the last night on board usually in the Egyptian national dress. Nearly everyone on our cruise did and a good time was had by all.

kinston upon hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jazz Regency Nile Cruise

Hi could anyone help with a few questions.

How much should you tip on board the cruise and who do you tip

How much is a bottle of wine on board

how early do you leave for the tours in a morning