We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooftop Pool?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rooftop Pool?

Hi Folks,

Can someone give me an idea of which hotels in Luxor have rooftop pools? I remember seeing a few in central Luxor but can't for the life of me remember which had pools on the roof. The hotel we stayed in had sun for around 4 hours a day and we'd like to avoid the shade.

Price isn't an issue but if people have an idea of the rates for July/August, that would be great.

Cheers,

Billy

Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooftop Pool?

Right off the top of my head...

The Emilio

St. Joseph

Philippe

The New Pola

All are three star hotels. July/August is low season, so you should get very reasonable rates.

All I can say is, if you want to absorb more than 4 hours full sun per day in Luxor in the height of summer, then I hope you're insured against spontaneous combustion...

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooftop Pool?

Hi,

I've stayed alot at the New Emilio hotel over the years and recently they have spent alot of money updating the hotel. this has a roof top pool and is a very comfortable hotel.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooftop Pool?

Thanks Karen,

I'll check these out. I learnt my lesson a few years back when Ra brung it somewhat in Luxor. I've sinced moved up a bit on the suntan lotion factor!

I forgot about the expense over in Gypo. Can't believe you get a decent hotel with a rooftop pool and highly recommended staff for £6 a night!

Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooftop Pool?

You'll always get a better price going through an agency than you will booking direct with the hotel - you'll be charged rack (= maximum) rate. This summer I was able to get rates of $20-25 (GBP11-15) for a double room including breakfast and taxes at the Emilio - i.e. a little over half the rack rate of $40. There are cheaper hotels in Luxor of course (not that I would personally recommend any of them) but you normally won't find anything less than 3 stars with a pool.

Of course no-one can predict right now what rates will be like next summer - it depends on many factors, including (I hate to say this) the level of "unrest" in this particular corner of the world. We just have to keep our fingers crossed and pray for peace!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooftop Pool?

Thanks again Karen,

I'll be in touch for more advice when we have our dates sorted. My girlfriend was extremely reluctant to come to any Muslim dominated part of the world and we had settled on Bali/Singapore for next year instead but we've since taken the view that if the good ol' terrorists hit and we're in the way, that's just our bad luck. Unfortunately, we're all travelling in fear now and hoping that wherever is hit next we won't be there.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooftop Pool?

billybhoy:

<<<<<<<<My girlfriend was extremely reluctant to come to any Muslim dominated part of the world and we had settled on Bali/Singapore for next year instead>>>>>

Bali is in Indonesia... this is the largest Muslim country in terms of population !

7. Re: Rooftop Pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:51 pm, February 22, 2006