We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Luxor Egypt with two little ones under 5

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TX
London UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Luxor Egypt with two little ones under 5

Please can you let me know if you have done any excursions whilst there with little ones and how did you make these trips comfortable for them.

Taking into account heat and terrain.

Thanks a lot

Rhosllanerchrugog...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Luxor Egypt with two little ones under 5

I would not recomend taking young children to Luxor or to some of the tours, i found it is not a place for children, i love eygpt but to be honest youngsters would soon be bored, unless they like being taken around endless temples. there is not a lot for them to do.

Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Luxor Egypt with two little ones under 5

I would not take children this young - visiting Valley of Kings there were many stairs in the tombs we visited, they would need to be carried and this would be difficult for all. We went in the off-season but temples were still crowded. I would be concerned that the food may not agree with them and never let them drink anything but bottled water!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Luxor Egypt with two little ones under 5

I agree with the previous postings, Luxor for very young children wanting to nap, go to restrooms etc... and they will not be terribly excited with temples and toombs...

With regards to water, I (my family, relatives, neighbors etc..) all drink bottled water... I was advised to do the same in London, Paris and almost everywhere else in Europe.