We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Marsa Alam to Aswan on the Edfu road

Which Aswan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamm
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
From Marsa Alam to Aswan on the Edfu road

Hi fellow travellers,

I would like to go with the public bus or with taxi from Marsa Alam to Aswan and back via the "short" road from the Red Sea to Edfu and then to Aswan. (not via the convoy road Safaga-Luxor-Aswan). Is it possible to take a bus or a taxi from Marsa direct to Aswan?

How long would it take?

Thank you so much an enjoy wonderful Egypt! It´s a great country.

Reisebeer

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Marsa Alam to Aswan on the Edfu road

I went on the bus about a year ago in the other direction from Aswan via Edfu to Marsa Alam. I think it took about 4 hours cost about 30 Egyptian Pounds, and had a pretty violent, very loud video service included in the price! In the same journey I also travelled onward from Marsa Alam onto Luxor going via Safaga. The Safaga route was definitely more trouble as tourists are supposed to go in convoy but we managed to sneak through with the locals. I would definitely recommend the Edfu route as it was at least fast and comfortable and cheap. Just remember to take some earplugs!

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Marsa Alam to Aswan on the Edfu road

I went on the bus about a year ago in the other direction from Aswan via Edfu to Marsa Alam. I think it took about 4 hours cost about 30 Egyptian Pounds, and had a pretty violent, very loud video service included in the price! In the same journey I also travelled onward from Marsa Alam onto Luxor going via Safaga. The Safaga route was definitely more trouble as tourists are supposed to go in convoy but we managed to sneak through with the locals. I would definitely recommend the Edfu route as it was at least fast and comfortable and cheap. Just remember to take some earplugs!

3. Re: From Marsa Alam to Aswan on the Edfu road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 14, 2009