We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aswan-Individual

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Aswan-Individual

Wow, Wow, Wow. So impressed with everthing Aswan-Individual organised for my daughter & her boyfriend. Every request was dealt with in a professional manner and everything worked to plan.

Would whole-heartedly 100% recommend them to anyone.

This is off their website - Aswan-Individual:

Services are described in detail and with a fixed price. There is no haggling nor hassle. Aswan Individual is a network founded by a tourist, who - after years of experiences in Aswan - put together trustworthy people: to honour their hospitality and honesty by publishing their services: with low prices for visitors, but which are also fair for the Egyptians.

Their website is pretty amazing too.

Petra who dealt with the administration was amazing. (She is in Berlin. She organised with Waleed that Rebecca & Sam were picked up and taken to Abu Simble from their hotel in Aswan. The following day Waleed had booked & collected their tickets for their train back to Luxor and he dropped them off at the station. Waleed was wonderful and looked after them really well.

Nothing was too much trouble. Petra was in constant email contact with myself. Absolute first class service.

Bex

Stuttgart
3 posts
1. Re: Aswan-Individual

We had the big chance to have Petra as a guide and organizer for our beautiful trip to Egypt. We also want to thank her very much for her strong commitment. She has made a lot possible and shown us so much beauty.

It started in Luxor with the dreamlike balloon ride near the Valley of the Kings, while the sun was rising above the Nile, the tour with the carriage and the very nice carriage driver (Ragib) she had ordered, driving us through the bazaar and we still remember his invitation for (Assir Assab), the refreshing juice made from sugar cane. During the heat in May – delicious!

The reception in the house of Mustafa from him, his familiy and especially his mother, was very very warm. His mother has coddled us with fantastic meals in different variations, with the result that we have felt wonderful. We have been affiliated with the family and learned a lot about traditions of Nubian life on the island Elephantine.

There is so much to see in Aswan, one vacation is not enough, and I am sure we will be back some time.

A real highlight was the flight and stay in Abu Simbel. We stood at Lake Nasser and have been overwhelmed by the size of the lake. In the evening we saw the Sound-and-Light Show at the temples from Ramses II. One cannot imagine, that the temples have been sawed and moved, to save them from the water. (We were astonished: 17 (!) temples have been moved – what a big effort by the Unesco and the State of Egypt.). On the way back we marveled at the great Highdam and understand now very well, that the Egyptians are worried about attacks from foreign forces.

Big big praise to Mustafa for his skill to sail us up and down the Nile, he has shown us his home country admirably. He was tireless there for us, and we also want to thank his sister, his brothers and – of course – his mother.

It was a beautiful holiday with Aswan-Individual!

Much obliged, Brigitte, Ursel and Guenter from Stuttgart, Germany

Idaho, USA
1 post
1 review
2. Re: Aswan-Individual

I also have to add my comments here about what how our great trip to Egypt was made that much more memorable by working through Petra at Aswan-Individual. I was so glad I found her by trolling the internet during all my pre-trip research! My family from the US, including two teenagers, had a great 2 days in Aswan and as has already been said on this post, we really appreciated all of the arrangements Petra had set up in advance for us and the warm, gracious care that Waleed and Mustafa both gave to us during our time there. It was such a cool experience in so many ways, feeling that we had really connected to the people and local culture that we would not have otherwise was just the best. An experience we will all remember for a lifetime.

Carol

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: Aswan-Individual

You will see that I have posted earlier this year my impression of Aswan -Individual and it still stands. If you want to be treated with courtesy in an efficient and professional manner then look no further. petra contacted us while we were on our boat trip and Waleed seemed to be available at any time of day, without being intrusive.

They are a group of people who are passionate about the area in which they work and want to ensure that you have a good holiday! You will not be disappointed.

4. Re: Aswan-Individual

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:55 pm, March 01, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Aswan-Individual

Hi all,

My wife and I just back from our Egypt trip in mid-Oct 2008 and wanted to share our thoughts on Aswan-Individual, which we used during our stay in Aswan.

Pros:

- Good website, professional and prompt email communication with Petra (owner), felt comfort in being able to arrange our trips ahead of time instead of dealing with a random felucca captain when in Aswan

- Took a felluca ride in the morning around the islands and Cataract with Mustafa who picked us up from Elephantine Island (we stayed at the Movenpick) - absolutely wonderful. Mustafa's relaxed and friendly personality also contributed greatly to our enjoyment here - great company.

- Mustafa dropped us off near the Monestary at St. Simeon and negotiated a fair price for my wife and me for camel rides to the Monestary (excellent tour guide there with good English and funny - recommended) and then to the Tomb of the Nobles. Camel ride was about 30-40 minutes total which was the right amount of time for us. Camel ride across that stretch of desert was very enjoyable and a singular experience. Mustafa picked us up in his felucca at the Tomb of Nobles.

- Visted Mustafa's Nubian village and had a wonderful lunch prepared by Mustafa's mom.

- Overall, thought the felucca, camel trip and lunch were an excellent value price-wise

(Pictures of above are posted on their website)

- Waleed who handles drving matters booked our 3:30AM convoy trip to Abu Simbel the next day for us - very convenient and good price.

Cons:

- We also booked a drive to Philae which was in an air-con minivan. Waleed was very pleasant and professional as was the driver but in retrospect thought it was not a particularly good value - fairly expensive relative to our time with Mustafa (I knew the prices upfront though - on website). A hired taxi would serve better here if you are on a budget and don't want a guide on Philae (we didn't).

Overall, Aswan Individual is a wonderful service and the felucca and camel trip in particular was one of the highlights of our Egypt trip.

Alan

Thessaloniki
1 post
6. Re: Aswan-Individual

We just spent a wonderful week at Aswan, thanks to Petra and Mustafa.

We don't like "packaged" holidays, we always try to find an alternative way of traveling that suits our style. Its not always easy to achieve that, especially when traveling abroad. In this case we were lucky to run into the aswan individual website, and realize that it was compiled by somebody who truly loved and respected Nubians and their culture. We contacted Mustafa and booked his lovely house, with the wonderful view and unique location. After living there for a week, we feel we spent time with a long known friend.

Simos Saltiel and family

cologne
2 posts
7. Re: Aswan-Individual

I discovered Aswan-Individual one day before coming to egypt. From the first look i had a good feeling, because the page is as well informative as clear.

I was four times now in Aswan, and i know the prices also are realy moderate.

Coming to Aswan we called Waleed by phone. Ten minutes later we drank Tea together. After that he arranged everything for us, and everything worked very well and (for Egypt not self-evident) on time.

We had a realy nice trip and i still have contact with petra and waleed as friends.

I advice Aswan-Individual 100%.

Kirill

USA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
8. Re: Aswan-Individual

Adding our experience with Aswan Individual from December: we booked a private car tour of Abu Simble with Petra via email in advance. The tour of Abu Simbel was spectacular and Waleed was there right on time to greet us and transition us to the car and driver as expected. The car we got was very comfortable for the ride and our driver on time both to and from. We are very happy with the trip and the sevice we received from everyone at Aswan Individual.

9. Re: Aswan-Individual

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:55 pm, March 01, 2010
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
47 reviews
10. Re: Aswan-Individual

We had a marvelous afternoon sailing around with Mustafa plus he provided an excellent meal. Weather was great just before Christmas in temperatures of over 30 degrees. Heaven.

Phil