We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson presidential cruise

birmingham
2 posts
Save Topic
thomson presidential cruise

Hello there! I am booked on a 4t Presidential cruise in april and have read that the boat does not sail to Denderah Temple and that you have to travel for two and a half hours by coach with an armed convoy ( sounds a bit scarey) this is in the morning, then on the afternoon there is another trip around Luxor. If anyone has been on this cruise please could you let me know if I have reason to be worried. Thanks

colchester uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson presidential cruise

We went on a PNC with Thomson in January. No need to worry. We sailed to Denderah (with a machine gun on board, but not many people noticed) and then drove in convoy, only about 20mins away to the temple. Felt very safe, tourist police sit outside every hotel and where every boat docks; they are very friendly.Walked round Luxor and Aswan, other than a bit of hassle from street sellers(a firm 'No thank you' or 'Imshee'(go away) suffices). We were on the 4* Nile Commodore, the only difference to the 3* Nile Legend is the size of the rooms. Food was very good, boat not luxurious but clean and well appointed. Trips round temples and tombs well organised. Do the hot air ballon ride over The Valley of the Kings it is fantastic and it is a good price on board ship at 'buy one get one half price'-two for ��135. Have a good trip!