We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise on Semiramis 1

lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise on Semiramis 1

Hi

I have just been advised that our cruise booking for February 2016 on the Ms Concerto has been switched to the Ms Semiramis 1. I believe the Concerto is a new ship with good reviews, but it seems that the Semiramis 1 is an older ship with very mixed reviews. I need to decide whether or not to cancel and would appreciate any views from fellow reviewers. Thanks in advance.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,988 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

Hi

Can I ask who you booked with? We are booked on the Concerto in April, we been told if the Concerto doesn't sail we will be put on the Jaz Crown Prince

We have booked with Travel Inerecation

Karen

lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

We too are booked with Travel Interaction. I struggle to understand why it isn't possible to guarantee a booking on a particular boat. My hotel won't be cancelling due to underbooking - why should a boat be allowed to do the same?

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,988 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

We have had our hotel changed also!

We have ended up with a much better one so not concerned

I am worried now about the boat, it's so difficult to find reviews

I think I will call them

Karen

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,988 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

Have a look at this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294204-i9480-k8…

Karen

9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

Hi Karen. We are going in 2 days. Our hotel was changed from sonesta to Old Palace Resort and cruise from concerto to Semiramis 1. So worried its going to be awful.

northampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

HELP.... We are travelling to Luxor on 1st May and have been told that the Ship we had been booked on...The Concerto is not sailing so we are now booked on the Semiramis 1. Please can someone tell me what this boat is like as I am concerned after reading some of the reviews. Many thanks in advance,Angie

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

following

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

Many cruise boats are not working due to low tourist numbers. They tend to upgrade you when making changes to ensure full boats rather than run empty ones. Ask your travel agent for details of your new boat or check out egypt-nile-cruise.com/ms-semiramis-i-nile-cr…

lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

Hi all

We had exactly the same situation last year, being bumped from the Concerto to the Semiramis 1.

We found the crew very helpful and friendly - they are conscious of being lucky to be on one of the few boats still sailing. This is an old boat with the style associated with the Agatha Christie vintage - lots of polished wood, mirrors etc. It has a lift to all decks, which is quite unusual. The food was very good and we purchased the drinks package, which is very good value as otherwise you paid for all drinks, including water. I would advise you to check your cabin for cleanliness - we only accepted ours after the cleaning manager had put his staff in for a thorough deep clean. The cleaning is all done by men and like we British men, they can't see dirt under their noses and will insist that something is clean when it isn't. That is our only criticism - the trip was marvellous. Hope this helps to allay your fears and do bear in mind that these comments relate to the situation a year ago - you may find the crew have discovered Flash by now!

10. Re: Cruise on Semiramis 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2018