We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

cambridge
3 posts
currency

I'm going on a Nile cruise v soon. Can anyone tell me whether it is better to take dollars or sterling in addition to some Egyptian currency please?

Clare

Nottingham, United...
1 post
1 review
1. Re: currency

I would take Sterling at present.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
2. Re: currency

Hi I agree with above as you will get a much better exchange rate when you are in Egypt. Before I bought my multi entry visa we used to pay for our visa in USD. It costs $15 per passport and the visa is clearly marked with the price. If you have arranged a cruise via a tour op they will meet you on your arrival at the airport. The rep will gather you all together and ask you for the visa money. This is where they make their money and they will probably try to charge you more. Just give them the correct money in USD and then they cant argue. When we done the cruise the rep took £15 off of everyone making a nice profit. I dont know if they still try this though because the new visa has the price clearly on it.

Cruising the Nile is fab and you will have a fantastic time.

3. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, September 18, 2009