We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise Gents Arab Robe galabaya.

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nile Cruise Gents Arab Robe galabaya.

Anyone know how much the robes cost on the boat. We're going on a nile cruise soon and we'll apparently need one for a party!

Not sure if we should buy before we go or not - can anyone help? thanks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile Cruise Gents Arab Robe galabaya.

You will be able to buy robes on board or barter for them at any of the places you are taken on trips ... you will even be chased to the coach by someone shouting 'Very cheap price!!!! Only five pounds!!!!'

The LE5 is of course 5 sterling.... for a child size... or 5 Nubian (which does not exist) etc etc All great fun if taken in good part. My Hawick born husband pretends to faint and offers Scottish or Welsh exchange rates!

There are lots of threads about robe prices but your cruise rep will suggest fair prices. Two years back we kitted out 3 adults with double robes, head dresses etc etc for less than £20. (my set was covered with embroidery and the head dress was heavily beaded, the men's sets were extra long & fitted my 6' 6" husband and son) I also got two scarves thrown in, but that took an extra 10 minutes haggling!

2. Re: Nile Cruise Gents Arab Robe galabaya.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nile River Valley