We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mena house orLe Meridien

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
mena house orLe Meridien

staying one night in Giza We can stay at Mena House no view or Le Meridien in a view room What is the best ?

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
745 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

well both of them are 5 stars hotels , meridian has about 3 hotels in cairo which one of them are u gonna stay , minahouse is just opposite of the pyramids , u can see them in front of you but there is nothing beside the hotel to goo or to do , u chooose, boith are great hotels

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
8,918 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

If you have a look at the Mena House folder at my Webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/user/elaref you will see photos and at the end a couple of map views c/o Google Earth.

I have only had a room where the green lines are when I have stayed there. I'm Scottish - I don't see the point of paying extra for a pyramid view room (The red lines) although it might be nice to stay in a palace room, but costs escalate.

Every time I stepped out of the building I could see the pyramids anyway. Walking to breakfast I could see the pyramids.

So the Meta House would get my vote, but I am now probably biased now. I wouldn't stay anywhere else at Giza

P.S. - The rounded triangular pool should have gone by now. A look at Google Earth will show the new rectangular one roughly at top center of my photo, But it is complete now AFAIK.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

I've stayed at both, & while I had no complaints about LeMeridien, Mena House would be my preference.

seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

Thanks so much, I think we will go with the Mena House. I really like all the history and I think it will be nice to walk around the hotel and take it all in.

Thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

I would also vote for the Mena House. It has a traditional atmosphere that you will not experience at the Meridien.

CHEERS

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
11,932 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

The Mena House, no question.

Leeds
Level Contributor
182 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

Mena House is a beautiful hotel, we were there 2 weeks ago. The new pool is finished and is very nice (and heated, which is handy at this time of year!).

We did pay extra for a pyramid view room and to be honest, whilst we could just about see two of the pyramids (between palm trees and the main Palace Building) I don't think we'd have greatly missed out by not having it! Some mornings it was so hazy that we couldn't see them at all, and in the evenings you only get a brief glimpse when the Sound & Light show is on.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

If you like history and historical buildings then it just has to be the Mena House - we were there for four nights last month and it was just gorgeous. Choose to have your breakfast (at no extra cost) in the Khan el-Khalili cafe, rather than the larger breakfast room, and you can then look up at the Great Pyramid whilst munching on some of the best granola we have ever tasted! If you're an Agatha Christie fan then it's also worth noting that the hotel is mentioned in the opening chapters of Death On The Nile ;-)

9. Re: mena house orLe Meridien

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 20, 2011