We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food options in Giza

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food options in Giza

Hello,

I was wondering what kind of small snack type options will be available to me when I will be in Giza next week. I would like to be able to pick up some bottled water, pop, granola bars, etc and I will be staying at the Mena House Oberoi. Is there anything nearby that is easy to get to without it being too much trouble? Does anyone know if the hotel itself has one of these inside for guests to use? We were trying to skip out on breakfast both days but we needed something to hold us over until lunch. Thank you!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,087 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food options in Giza

If you leave the hotel, turn left and walk down to the roundabout and turn left, then about 300yds along the road on the pother side (The right) is a Gas Station with a standard Coffee Bar & Shop. It's about 1/3 mile from reception

The shop has everything you mentioned in your posting with fixed prices.

The Hotel does give two small bottles of water a day and fruit, tea and coffee is available in the rooms.

See the Mena House folder in my photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/elaref

Re getting around, read Darsh's posting tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k3…

and for taxis his posting

tripadvisor.co.uk/…23957488

Edited: 1:52 pm, August 25, 2010
2. Re: Food options in Giza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 22, 2011