We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hawaii
Level Contributor
561 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

hello

family of 4 with 2 daughters ages 10 and 17

possibly to be in cairo/giza for 2 nights.

plan to of course see the pyramids but would also like see the market in cairo and maybe the mosque?

would it be better to stay in giza close to pyramids as this is our main focus or better to stay in cairo

we plan to hire a private guide which will be my next forum question

thank you

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

Many people like to stay in Cairo & travel out to Giza. Personally (having done both), I prefer waking up & having breakfast while looking at The Pyramids. This is best done at the Mena House Oberoi, which is literally next door to the Giza Plateau. Both sections - Palace & Garden - have Pyramid view rooms upon request. Next best choice would be LeMeridien Pyramids.

As far as a guide, I can highly recommend Mohamed ElShaer. He lives in Nazlet es Samman, right near The Sphinx. His email is: midobluesky@hotmail.com. Please tell him that "Dad" in Philadelphia says hello.

Good luck!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

As you are only there two days & will be using a guide, it won't really matter whether you stay in Giza or Cairo. For a longer stay, I prefer Cairo because apart from the pyramids, I dont like the Giza area.

Here is a list of guides recommended by members,

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85398/Cairo:…

I have only used one guide in Cairo, as I usually travel without a guide. His name is Mohamed Bahaa & he was extremely patient, easy going, knowledgeable & he has a young family so relates well to kids.

Alternatively, you can contact any of the Travel Companies on the list of ones recommended by members & they will provide a guide/driver.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85399/Cairo:…

4. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, October 03, 2010