We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Reviews from Way Back When

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Reviews from Way Back When

Does anyone else like me sometimes get caught out by new hotel reviews that turn out to relate to a stay many months or even years ago?

Take as a random example the last two reviews (as of 20th Oct 2009) for the Mena House at Giza:

- RoxaneG1 stayed in May 2006, and joined up yesterday in order to submit her review.

- Samanthi_k stayed in December 2008, and submitted her review a couple of days ago.

I'm not sure why someone who stayed over 3 years ago would suddenly decide to submit a review, though I accept that such a review is entirely valid. It's just that, as someone who is about to travel, I'm more interested what's been happening recently (e.g. is there currently any building work going on?)

Perhaps it would be useful to have an option to order reviews by date of stay?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Reviews from Way Back When

Nice one jeffh and well spotted

I can only assume the reviewers made a typo or are just sad vindictive coves

Most people who complain about hotels do it immediately after their stay, some in the hope of getting excessive recompense for the odd minor fault

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Reviews from Way Back When

Yeah it is annoying!

People's memory deteriorates over time, especially if they've taken other holidays. I don't pay any notice to reviews posted 6 months or more after the date of travel, let alone 3 years.

3. Re: Hotel Reviews from Way Back When

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, June 16, 2010