We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise to egypt from cyprus

stavanger
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
cruise to egypt from cyprus

We are going on a cruise from Cyprus to Port Said. There we will be on a bus that takes us to the pyramids etc. I have a loung disorder and are sometimes short of breath. I'm a bit worried if I will reach the pyramids from where the bus stops. I don.t know if it's long walk, uphill or downhill or if it will be so hard that I'll have to stay by the bus.

Going next monday and would be pleased to ge an answer.

cornwall u.k.
Level Contributor
54 posts
1. Re: cruise to egypt from cyprus

I to have breathing trouble at times so feel for you. Have done this trip twice from Cyprus and would not have missed for anything.

You will find it easy to breath in Egypt it is a very dry heat. The busses stop very near the Pyramids and the walk to them is very flat. May I respectfuly suggest a walking stick to make walking a little easier for you. Just plod along in your own time. Hope these suggestion are of help to you.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. I found it to be an unforgetable experiance.

egypt
Level Contributor
37 posts
2. Re: cruise to egypt from cyprus

its comfortable trip and the travel by bus from port said to Cairo will take 4 hours and will be straight way while the trip inside the pyramids will be by your bus so you will see the whole pyramids without walking.

you can limit your walking inside the area but my advise to you don't try to enter inside the pyramid

have a nice trip

omar

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
21,045 posts
184 reviews
3. Re: cruise to egypt from cyprus

Hi,

I have to agree about not entering a pyramid....or at least thinking very carefully before you do. It's ver stuffy in there & claustrophobic.

Pics aren't normally allowed but I found this one on the net:

www.touregyptphotos.com/showphoto.php…

You have to be bent over for some way, then stand up a bit, then bent over again & you're pressed right up against the people in front & behind whilst another line of people is going in the opo direction to get in or out, constantly!

I love going inside but have seen several people in tears with claustrophobia.

Regards

stavanger
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: cruise to egypt from cyprus

Thank you very much for your answer and good advice. I have always wanted to see the pyramids, and the Nile even if it is for a short while. Thanks again.

5. Re: cruise to egypt from cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 02, 2010