We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to egypt and need advice re visit to cairo

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
first time to egypt and need advice re visit to cairo

Hello, Going to Sharm el sheikh at end of april for ten days and want to do a flight trip to the pyramids, what would people recommend , one or two night stay and also what area is best to stay for 2 females travelling, any help re trip would be good, tour guides,travel, hotel all helpful.

thanks

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to egypt and need advice re visit to cairo

I have done a daytrip twice, once from Sharm and once from Luxor.

My last one I booked flights with www.egyptair.com got them for £35 return(put egypt as your home country for the best prices and play around with the dates)

Then I booked a guide online. There is a sticky on the Cairo forum at the top with 2 lists of companies and guides. The companies also organise private transport and guides. I highly recommend www.reallifeegypt.com (done 10+ trips with them)who are the first one on the company listing. They will do whatever itinerary that is suitable for you.

You could also book when in Sharm. Costs come in around the £110 upwards mark but this would probably be in a group of others. Your rep will also sell this trip but will cost in excess of £150.

If you have enough time then yes do stay overnight. The hotels are reasonably priced and you wouldn't struggle to fill your time.Check the Cairo forum for more info on where to stay.

I highly recommend seeing....

Giza pyramids, Sphinx, Solar boat museum , Mohammed Ali mosque , Khan el Khalili market and of course Cairo musueum and Mummy Rooms.

Karen

2. Re: first time to egypt and need advice re visit to cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:48 pm, March 26, 2009
Egypt
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to egypt and need advice re visit to cairo

From sharm you can get easilt that trip to cairo for one day to visit giza pyramis and the egyptian museum including lunch and your return flight with but if you would like to stay more to see more in cairo ,you can have 2 days/one night to have the chance to see some islamic and coptic sites in old cairo and khan elkhalili bazaar before getting back to sharm.

your night in cairo: i thing a 3* or 4* star hotel by the pyramids area basis b.b will be great as you gonna just stay in for few hours.you can spend that night in cairo doing one of the following ( sound and light show between 06:30 till 07:30 pm or having a dinner cruise on the Nile).

Any help dear ;)

4. Re: first time to egypt and need advice re visit to cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, September 23, 2009