We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horses at Giza

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Horses at Giza

I remember when I went to Giza that there were several different companies to choose from. I was advised to go to this one way in the back streets. It seemed to be cheaper and the horses were much better maintained.

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

The only thing is that it seemed kinda dodgy when we went into the gates...I think we were supposed to have paid a fee of some sort but the guards just looked the other way.

Anyone else have this experience?

Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Horses at Giza

In theory anyone who goes inside the complex is supposed to buy the LE50 entrance ticket... but let's just say some stable owners/staff have an "understanding" with the stationed policemen (nudge nudge, wink wink, baksheesh baksheesh, say no more).

2. Re: Horses at Giza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, August 29, 2009