We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to The Cataract Pyramid resort and guides

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer to The Cataract Pyramid resort and guides

Hi There, I`m travelling to Cairo in March . There will bea group of 5 females. What is the best way to get from the airport to The Cataract Pyramids resort. How much is a cab (s) likely to cist. Also we want to see the pyramids and the museum. Is it best to book a guide before we go or is it easy to organise something when we are there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cairo
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to The Cataract Pyramid resort and guides

Hi,

The besy way to get a cab (black and white costs min 35 pounds o/w) , the yellow cab costs 3 l.e per k/m or you can check for Egypt Air mini-bus .

Try to contact a local travel agent to book for one day sightseeing tour visiting the Museum and citadel and may be to coptic Cairo or Khan El Khalily bazaars . . It can be organised with the assistance of your hotel but it will much expensive !

Have a nice trip

Regards

N

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to The Cataract Pyramid resort and guides

Hi Cat14

if you are coming to Egypt AFTER the 15th of March so you are coming in peak period, so in that case i recomend you to book your daytour from any agency, but if you come earlier than that then you can either before or after arrival to try to make your OWN reservation for car and guide as well, it will be easy

regard your question about transfer frm Airport to hotel, so easy , just when you arrive and after going out from the arrival hall , you will find many car companies and Limosine agencies, they can give you a VAN to transfer all teh 5 of your group to the hotel , price for a regular car or taxi from airport to hotel is 60 Egyptian Pounds (i know it exact as i live in same area near by) but for a van i think the MAX they can charge you is 100 Egyptian pounds which is almost 9 English pounds more or less

wish i covered all your questions , if you have anything more to ask pls do

enjoy your trip

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to The Cataract Pyramid resort and guides

The Egyptian guide has the accurate taxi price, 35 LE will be barely enough to get you outside the airport terminal!

You can also try one of these companies:

http://cairotaxi.com/

http://www.thebluecab.com/

More information on local travel agents here:

tripadvisor.com/…4964142

4. Re: Transfer to The Cataract Pyramid resort and guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 23, 2009